Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Contributor
Posts: 211
Registered: ‎07-02-2012
0

How tough is amazon chase card?

I am thinking about applying for amazon chase card. Every time i shop from amzon this options appears during payment, thinking of getting $30 as signing bonus as well. Not sure about the odds of getting this card!!!

Walmart TU-724 on 12-2012
EX-707 on 08-2012
EQ-668on 08-2012
_________________________________
Wallet - Discover 1500 | Chase Freedom 1500 | OldNavy Visa 2750 | Walmart 2000 | Amex BCE 6000 | BoA Visa Sig 5000 | Chase Marriott 5000 | Amex Hhonor 2000 | CSP 5000
__________________________________________
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 254
Registered: ‎08-19-2012
0

Re: How tough is amazon chase card?

[ Edited ]

Hi friend,

 

I don't know about the cut off , I got approved for it when my experian at the time was 724, they pulled Experian solely. If you shop on Amazon I say go for it, very very good  card for amazon, it's pretty much 3 percent cash back (if you think of it as using the points for a purchase), and 2 percent restaurants, 1 percent anything else. The chase user interface can be a little nicer but overall it's cool.

Epic Contributor
Posts: 28,006
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: How tough is amazon chase card?

Id say go for it and worse case if you don't get it you could just get the store version which is GE.

How old is your freedom, Chase seems very good when it comes to a 2nd card, it's just the first that I see they suck a lot.

My Gardening 04/14/2016 All 3 Reports on Lockdown
Partner Joined Garden 04/11/2016
Established Contributor
Posts: 803
Registered: ‎05-16-2012
0

Re: How tough is amazon chase card?

Chase amazon rewards was my first card with Chase. I will tell you at the time I had 2 collections and one was listed as under two years old. My scores at approval were a 644 TU and 657 equifax.


wealthcreator wrote:

I am thinking about applying for amazon chase card. Every time i shop from amzon this options appears during payment, thinking of getting $30 as signing bonus as well. Not sure about the odds of getting this card!!!


 

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Super Contributor
Posts: 7,193
Registered: ‎12-11-2011
0

Re: How tough is amazon chase card?

Both of my sisters got the chase amazon with absolutely no history...so they don't have strict requirements. 

Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 14,174
Registered: ‎12-30-2011
0

Re: How tough is amazon chase card?


angelnyc wrote:

Hi friend,

 

I don't know about the cut off , I got approved for it when my experian at the time was 724, they pulled Experian solely. If you shop on Amazon I say go for it, very very good  card for amazon, it's pretty much 3 percent cash back (if you think of it as using the points for a purchase), and 2 percent restaurants, 1 percent anything else. The chase user interface can be a little nicer but overall it's cool.


Hrm, I didn't know about the 2% on restaurants, that's a pretty good card for my spending habits and my current credit strata, probably better than Freedom even.  For some reason I thought that benefit was only on the CSP.  Thanks!

 

Starting Score: EQ 04 561, TU 98 567, EX 98 599 (12/30/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 694, EQ 8 714, TU 8 708, EX 8 724 (04/01/16)
Goal Score: 715 on EQ 04 (01/01/17)


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Super Contributor
Posts: 7,193
Registered: ‎12-11-2011
0

Re: How tough is amazon chase card?

[ Edited ]

Revelate wrote:

angelnyc wrote:

Hi friend,

 

I don't know about the cut off , I got approved for it when my experian at the time was 724, they pulled Experian solely. If you shop on Amazon I say go for it, very very good  card for amazon, it's pretty much 3 percent cash back (if you think of it as using the points for a purchase), and 2 percent restaurants, 1 percent anything else. The chase user interface can be a little nicer but overall it's cool.


Hrm, I didn't know about the 2% on restaurants, that's a pretty good card for my spending habits and my current credit strata, probably better than Freedom even.  For some reason I thought that benefit was only on the CSP.  Thanks!

 


Yeah, you get 1% everything, 2% on dining, drugstores and gas, and 3% on amazon. 

 

Valued Contributor
Posts: 3,096
Registered: ‎01-26-2012
0

Re: How tough is amazon chase card?

I thought it was 2 pt per dollar for drugstores and has as well.

               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 14,174
Registered: ‎12-30-2011
0

Re: How tough is amazon chase card?


Crashem wrote:

I thought it was 2 pt per dollar for drugstores and has as well.


Yeah, I saw that looking at the online advertisement for it; maybe I need to change my mid-term credit portfolio and get this card, and then beg and plead BOFA to switch me to their travel card since I may wind up spending a non-trivial amount of time in Europe next year.  Probably a little far fetched with my current credit score but with a 17 year relationship and BOFA's apparent new stance on customer loyalty, stranger things have happened.

 

Starting Score: EQ 04 561, TU 98 567, EX 98 599 (12/30/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 694, EQ 8 714, TU 8 708, EX 8 724 (04/01/16)
Goal Score: 715 on EQ 04 (01/01/17)


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
Posts: 757
Registered: ‎03-16-2012
0

Re: How tough is amazon chase card?


Creditaddict wrote:

Id say go for it and worse case if you don't get it you could just get the store version which is GE.

How old is your freedom, Chase seems very good when it comes to a 2nd card, it's just the first that I see they suck a lot.


wouldn't it be two separate apps for the store card and the visa??


Starting Score: TU: 481 12/30/2015 EQ:561 12/30/2015 EX:532 12/30/2015 (MYFICOS) BK FILED: 09/2015 DISCHARGED 12/2015 -- 02/28/2016 TU:551 EQ: 599 EX: 561

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.