Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How useless is an Amex charge card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How useless is an Amex charge card?

Centurion is :drool: I'm pretty sure we could get a Business Centurion considering how much we spend but we wouldn't be ok with the high annual fee. Is it still super ridiculous Pooka?
Message 51 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ridiculous?! :-O
Message 52 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The numbers and formulas you see online are largely outdated by now (including that silly $250K number for Centurion). The only formula that remains true is that you cannot request for more than 3x your current limit during a CLI request. While it's true that your spending ability is influenced by your spend on the AXP network, we have a lot more data available to us that allows an appropriate spending ability to be assigned.. and yes to Jamaica.. don't play with that feature because you're telling the system you plan to spend that within 10 days! Lol.. That's one reason why I moved to have the virtual limit simply displayed... It was causing a lot of unnecessary credit-related issues.

I'm curious what is meant in this post by "AXP network." I have two Amex cards issued through Amex, and one card issued by FNBO that just happens to run on the Amex network. Is Amex taking into consideration my spending on the FNBO card?

Message 53 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.