cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How will it affect me if my mom is filing BK, and is a user on my SEARS account?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How will it affect me if my mom is filing BK, and is a user on my SEARS account?

My mom is a user on my Sears store account, and is filing BK soon.  Should I remove her from the account?  Will her BK do any hatm to my credit?  The account is closed, with a small balance still owed.  Any help would be much appreciated!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How will it affect me if my mom is filing BK, and is a user on my SEARS account?

Nope- even if the account was open it would not affect you unless she tried to include the card in BK.

otsenburger wrote:
My mom is a user on my Sears store account, and is filing BK soon.  Should I remove her from the account?  Will her BK do any hatm to my credit?  The account is closed, with a small balance still owed.  Any help would be much appreciated!

Message 2 of 5
itzateach
Regular Contributor

Re: How will it affect me if my mom is filing BK, and is a user on my SEARS account?

I was a cosigner on my sons Discount tire account. When I declared BK it affected his credit as a charge off. I would take her off asap, just to be safe.
Message 3 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@itzateach wrote:
I was a cosigner on my sons Discount tire account. When I declared BK it affected his credit as a charge off. I would take her off asap, just to be safe.

"Co-signed" generally means a joint account. Do you remember which you were? (joint vs AU)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is my account, and I added her as an AU.  If I remove her from being an AU, I should be ok, right?
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.