otsenburger

How will it affect me if my mom is filing BK, and is a user on my SEARS account?

My mom is a user on my Sears store account, and is filing BK soon.  Should I remove her from the account?  Will her BK do any hatm to my credit?  The account is closed, with a small balance still owed.  Any help would be much appreciated!
Moderator Emeritus
Timothy

Re: How will it affect me if my mom is filing BK, and is a user on my SEARS account?

Nope- even if the account was open it would not affect you unless she tried to include the card in BK.

otsenburger wrote:
My mom is a user on my Sears store account, and is filing BK soon.  Should I remove her from the account?  Will her BK do any hatm to my credit?  The account is closed, with a small balance still owed.  Any help would be much appreciated!

Regular Contributor
itzateach

Re: How will it affect me if my mom is filing BK, and is a user on my SEARS account?

I was a cosigner on my sons Discount tire account. When I declared BK it affected his credit as a charge off. I would take her off asap, just to be safe.
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

itzateach wrote:
I was a cosigner on my sons Discount tire account. When I declared BK it affected his credit as a charge off. I would take her off asap, just to be safe.

"Co-signed" generally means a joint account. Do you remember which you were? (joint vs AU)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
otsenburger

It is my account, and I added her as an AU.  If I remove her from being an AU, I should be ok, right?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}