How will the anticipated Chase 5/24 change your app strategy

tag
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

Re: How will the anticipated Chase 5/24 change your app strategy

What is teh 5/24? Smiley EmbarassedWoman EmbarassedCat Embarassed

TCL= $172,800
6-7-16: EQ 683 EX 713 TU 715
10-12-16 EQ 685 EX 706 TU 702 12-19-16 EQ 683 EX 704 TU 701 and CHILLING ON ICE...BRRRRR!
In the garden as of 6-7-16, I've been really really BADDDDD Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Message 11 of 89
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Chase isnt going to extend it to their co-brand cards unless they dont intend on having any co-brand business relationships the business entity they are partnering would never allow such a thing.

Message 12 of 89
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

Chase isnt going to extend it to their co-brand cards unless they dont intend on having any co-brand business relationships the business entity they are partnering would never allow such a thing.

I hope you are right Smiley Happy ... For my app strategy it will not change much as I set myself a limit of 1 card every 6 months so that is 4 cards in 2 years. Like this it allows me to get 1 more ..lol

edit: I just did not follow my plan lately Smiley Embarassed

Message 13 of 89
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

I tend to agree.  I could see them making bonuses once in a lifetime like Amex but I can't see United or the other partners agreeing to this kind of limitation.

Message 14 of 89
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Message 15 of 89
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

This new extension of their 5/24 policy (if it happens) won't affect me at all, I plan to garden for the next 24mo.Woman Very Happy

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 16 of 89
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

Well, I was just looking at the Chase website, the only other card I wanted was the United Club, so if I have to wait 24mo thats ok, since I will have 24mo of payment history on my current Chase cards so I should get a nice SL.Heart

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 17 of 89
redpat
Senior Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

Why not.  Using a co-branded card for the sign-up bonus and then putting it in the SD does nothing for that partner.  It's all about usage and having a better customer.  These forums are not the norm and neither is having 7 or more chase cards.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 18 of 89
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@redpat wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

Why not.  Using a co-branded card for the sign-up bonus and then putting it in the SD does nothing for that partner.  It's all about usage and having a better customer.  These forums are not the norm and neither is having 7 or more chase cards.

Im a businessman, I would never partner with a bank that would limit my opportunity to make money and yes you are correct myFico and other crdit board users are a small slice but business is business and I would want 0 restrictions in the number of cards arena. I also doubt they could uniformly apply it without first getting an okay from their partners as it would require a contract change, you just cant go around issuing edicts when contracts are involved.

Message 19 of 89
redpat
Senior Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@redpat wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

Im a businessman, I would never partner with a bank that would limit my opportunity to make money and yes you are correct myFico and other crdit board users are a small slice but business is business and I would want 0 restrictions in the number of cards arena. I also doubt they could uniformly apply it without first getting an okay from their partners as it would require a contract change, you just cant go around issuing edicts when contracts are involved.

They are the bankers (chase), I'm the partner, the credit card and banking side is not my core business and I would rather take the professional advice of my partner who handles my CC business and knows it better than I would.  I'm sure the partners are aware of this.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 20 of 89
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.