Established Contributor

How will this look to CIti...

I have a secured card with a 200.00 limit...since my limit is so low, if I use the card weekly and pay like $200.00 a wk and obviously don't carry a balance how does it look to them...making so many payments...does it send off alarms somewhere?

What are your thoughts?

Thank you 

Super Contributor

Re: How will this look to CIti...

Andy77 wrote:

I have a secured card with a 200.00 limit...since my limit is so low, if I use the card weekly and pay like $200.00 a wk and obviously don't carry a balance how does it look to them...making so many payments...does it send off alarms somewhere?

What are your thoughts?

Thank you 

Making a payment in full once per month and using it regularly is sufficient enough.   

Established Contributor

I realize making one payment per month and on time and such is sufficient, however, the reason why I would make four is for this main reason:

show them the 200.00 credit line is manageable and rather low with the hope that in 18 months they will graduate the card and give me a higher limit

In addition, when I got the card, I overlooked I was putting money into a cd which is locked and therefore, I could not contribute to it, hence why my CL is just 200 dollars 

Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor

I think there's every reason in the world to make multiple payments when you have a CL of $200! Back when gas prices were so high a year or so ago, I spent $200/ month on gas alone.

I had a 0% BT on BofA, and I paid waaay over the minimum every two weeks, aka payday. I think the only thing that bothered them was when they realized that I would pay it off before the 0% expired, and so they wouldn't get any interest money. :smileywink:

OP, I don't see why this would bother them. I would stop charging at $150-160, though. I'd hate to see some weird quirk put you OTL, and that could easily happen if you ran it up to $190 or something.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Frequent Contributor

Andy77 wrote:

What are your thoughts?

Thank you 

You could also take the extra money and get another secured card for an additional TL. There are several that will allow you to add to the Savings Account and raise your CL.
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.