Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How2tell if I will be approved for a new card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How2tell if I will be approved for a new card

How can i tell if I will be approved for a new credit card, is it just based on my fico or which report do the companies look at?

I am worried that the credit card offer suggestions myfico is offering will not be accepted then I will have a mark on my credit score.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
cadavis0609
Frequent Contributor

Re: How2tell if I will be approved for a new card

myfico.com recommendations are not accurate at all. They are just advertisements and in no way related to your scores. Its difficult to tell whether you will be approved but if you go to whogavemecredit.com, you can get a general idea and compare your scores to others who have been approved.
Sept 07 EQ 419

April 2012 EQ- 669 EXP- 680 TU-700= Proud New Homeowner!
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

The "offers" you see on myfico.com are just deceptive advertising. Don't base an application for credit on those ads.
Message 3 of 4
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
How can i tell if I will be approved for a new credit card, is it just based on my fico or which report do the companies look at?

I am worried that the credit card offer suggestions myfico is offering will not be accepted then I will have a mark on my credit score.

The best way to predict if you will be approved would be to search through old threads of the card you want to see experiences of other users.

Some CCCs (I'm looking at you, Amex) love using unknown combinations of factors including FICO score, DTI, current util, and income.
Here we go again...
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.