Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hows Juniper doing off late?

tag
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

Hows Juniper doing off late?

It was very easy to get CCs a while back. More so with Juniper during the Junami period.

Its a lot harder now. So this assumption with Juniper that they perhaps might treat their recent approvals better - w.r.t AA. Possible? Besides, they may have recovered, if you will, from the Junami a fair bit as well?

Any recent experiances with AA from Juniper? Especially with recent approvals. Im particularly concerned with AA due to opening too many new accounts. Juniper has established in the past that they are capable of that.

I got a seamiles in May. I just got a new TL which hasnt hit my reports yet and am contemplating another app. Is that too much for ol' Juni?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
cabana7
Valued Member

Re: Hows Juniper doing off late?

When I applied with them they said I had enough credit EQ 733 TU 702
Message 2 of 9
dallasjetfan
Established Contributor

I just closed my account with them because they raised my APR and then lowered my CL recently.  They can have their CC.  Don't need them!!
Barclays US Air $17K| TTCU $15K| Citi Diamond $10.5K| Discover IT $9000| CapOne $2K| Best Buy $2K
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Juniper brand no longer exists. It was replaced by Barclaycard.

Message 4 of 9
pattycake
Established Contributor

I can't stand Juni.  They are the worst to work with.  I'm only keeping my account for the age, using it for a candy bar here and there.  I don't intend to use it for anything else or pay interest.  
pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I might be wrong on this - I think Barclays acquired Juni several years back but still releases several Juni cards.  DH has gotten two preapprovals very recently for Juniper cards.  The site to accept the pre-approval is juniper.com.

Somebody else may be better versed on this than I am???

Message 6 of 9
redhed1026
New Contributor

Ugh, total agreement. They charge me an OTL fee of $39 for being **$2** over my limit. Seriously? I went through 4 people trying to get them to take it off. It's never happened to me before, so I honestly thought they'd waive the fee, even as a one time courtesy. No go. I threatened to close it, and they offered me an APR reduction. I kept it open, only so it wouldn't hurt my overall util. Plus, I figure I'll call once a month for even more reductions. In the meantime, it's a useless (and dead) card to me.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just recently obtained a Juni Biz MC.  The statements come as Juni.  The online site is Juni.

My DW has a Juni personal card.  Still comes statements as Juni.  Website still as Juni.

However, both accounts have always reported CRA's as Barclays, which is not new.

Message 8 of 9
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Juniper and BarclayCard are one and the same. Juniper Bank was purchased by Barclays Bank PLC in 2004, It would seem that slowly they are rebranding many card offereings from Juniper to BarclayCard, probably in an attempy to stint their bad rep. If the policies don't change it won't work.
Message Edited by creditwherecreditisdue on 08-19-2009 10:07 PM
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.