cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hsbc/Mnrds Please Help. Need Strong Advice.

tag
Malavak

Hsbc/Mnrds Please Help. Need Strong Advice.

I'm a new user to Myfico.

I noticed I had a mark on my credit. 

Hsbc/Mnrds
Account number: Not Reported
Account balance: $1,105
Date opened: 11/2006
Charge

Well here is the issue. I helped a lady several years ago with repairs on her home. She didn't have the cash to pay me upfront for the job I was doing. Instead she authorized me on her Menards account. Then 2 weeks down the road gave me the card with my name on it and told me to get the products I needed to repair the home. I did. After it was all said and done I gave her the card and she cut it up.  Then this. 

I never signed for the card. I was a authorized user for less then 3weeks. 

She did not pay the bill and now it is effecting my credit. She has since moved and I have no way of getting in touch with her. I have called Hsbc/Mnrds and they wont even speak to me. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated and thank you very much for taking the time to read this. 

Keith

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: Hsbc/Mnrds Please Help. Need Strong Advice.

Better send Menards a strongly worded letter indicating that you no longer wish to be an AU on this account. If they do not remove you as AU and stop reporting the account go see a lawyer and sue them.
Message 2 of 26
Malavak

I called Menards regarding the account earlier today and they told me they wouldn't speak to me since I wasn't on the account. They told me to contact HSBC and they said the same thing. Will sueing them do anything though?

Also should i dispute it through Myfico on:

Dispute mistakes on your credit Report?

Message Edited by Malavak on 01-04-2010 10:41 PM
Message 3 of 26
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Well if you aren't on the account why is it being reported? Methinks they speak out of both side of their mouth. I would conduct my business with them in writing and retain all correspondence. Something very wrong going on here. Do not discuss on the telephone. It's pointless. It also does not protect your rights.
Message 4 of 26
Malavak

Message 5 of 26
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Malavak wrote:

No.

It will come back as verified. Gotta resolve this with the issuer. They're the ones reporting.

Message 6 of 26
Malavak

Ok. Next step.

What do i write and who do i send it to? I apologize im not trying to sound like a idiot just want to get this cleared up. I have also never have had to deal with this issue before. 

Message 7 of 26
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

You'll have to send it to the credit department of Menards. You'll have to get the address from them, their website, HSBC, whoever is in control. Make a copy of your CBR(s). Write a letter stating that you never had a Menards account and want to know why they are reporting something on your CBR. Offer no other explaination. Attach the CBR's to the letter. Send your letter certified mail, return receipt requested. Let them come back to you with a reply. Do nothing until they do.

If you don't like sending it to Menards credit department send it to the president of Menards. Just don't send it to that guy that used to be in the commercials. (Is he still in the commercials?)

Message 8 of 26
Malavak

How long could this take to get resolved?
Message 9 of 26
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Malavak wrote:
How long could this take to get resolved?

Weeks, possibly months.
Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.