Reply
Contributor
Posts: 139
Registered: ‎08-18-2012
0

Hsn just did a hard inquiry without my consent what do i do?

I have an account with them already and was exchanging something yesterday, today i get an alert on myfico my score went down 7points and i get a new inquiry on my account. What do i do here? I already talked to them and they say i have to contact the credit bereua. They also say this in in the terms somewhere if i try to make a purchase and i dont have enough to cover the cost they run my credit, but im not believing them. Can i sue these guys for running my credit report without my consent because thats exactly what it was here? Im so mad at the moment because ive been saving my inquiries for my spree im about to take in the next few months. Now i have to go threw hoops to get this off. Advice anyone!! really needed?

{NFCU-25k}{Saphire-15k}{Duck-15k}{BOA-12k}{DCU-10k}{Slate-7200}{Simplicity-$7200}{USAA-6k}{DiscoverIT-5k}{CitiTY-$4100}{AmexBCE-$3500}{Venture-$3000}{WalmartDisc-$2600}{Merrick-$1200}{AmazonVisa-$1650}{Cap1-$600}
1/1/14 [Experian-Fico 747][TU-Fico744][Equifax-Fico766]
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,228
Registered: ‎05-10-2012
0

Re: Hsn just did a hard inquiry without my consent what do i do?

You used their payment plan I assume?

  • Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Contributor
Posts: 139
Registered: ‎08-18-2012
0

Re: Hsn just did a hard inquiry without my consent what do i do?


Jutz wrote:

You used their payment plan I assume?


Actually originally wanted to purchase something as a 2 payments with the hsn account but it didn't go threw so i used my own creditcard. But i have had an account with these guys for years now.

{NFCU-25k}{Saphire-15k}{Duck-15k}{BOA-12k}{DCU-10k}{Slate-7200}{Simplicity-$7200}{USAA-6k}{DiscoverIT-5k}{CitiTY-$4100}{AmexBCE-$3500}{Venture-$3000}{WalmartDisc-$2600}{Merrick-$1200}{AmazonVisa-$1650}{Cap1-$600}
1/1/14 [Experian-Fico 747][TU-Fico744][Equifax-Fico766]
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 346
Registered: ‎02-01-2012
0

Re: Hsn just did a hard inquiry without my consent what do i do?

[ Edited ]

quarius wrote:

Jutz wrote:

You used their payment plan I assume?


Actually originally wanted to purchase something as a 2 payments with the hsn account but it didn't go threw so i used my own creditcard. But i have had an account with these guys for years now.


So did you originally select the option with Extra Flexpay for HSN card? If that was the case... it might have thought you wanted the HSN credit card and submitted an application for it. 

Moderator
Posts: 13,897
Registered: ‎04-15-2011
0

Re: Hsn just did a hard inquiry without my consent what do i do?

That would be my guess, and if that's the case, then yes it is a permissible pull.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 270
Registered: ‎10-04-2009
0

Re: Hsn just did a hard inquiry without my consent what do i do?

Did you have enough available credit on your HSN account to cover the purchase? Some creditors treat a purchase request in excess of the credit line as a request for a credit line increase, and process it accordingly.

 

either way, if you have a credit account with them they have permissible purpose to pull whenever they like. The laws regarding permissible purpose for current creditors do no differentiate between hard or soft inquiries. They either have permission for both or neither.

Contributor
Posts: 139
Registered: ‎08-18-2012
0

Re: Hsn just did a hard inquiry without my consent what do i do?


CC365 wrote:

quarius wrote:

Jutz wrote:

You used their payment plan I assume?


Actually originally wanted to purchase something as a 2 payments with the hsn account but it didn't go threw so i used my own creditcard. But i have had an account with these guys for years now.


So did you originally select the option with Extra Flexpay for HSN card? If that was the case... it might have thought you wanted the HSN credit card and submitted an application for it. 


No i already have a hsn account. And no didn't ask for a cli, im in the garden at the moment.

{NFCU-25k}{Saphire-15k}{Duck-15k}{BOA-12k}{DCU-10k}{Slate-7200}{Simplicity-$7200}{USAA-6k}{DiscoverIT-5k}{CitiTY-$4100}{AmexBCE-$3500}{Venture-$3000}{WalmartDisc-$2600}{Merrick-$1200}{AmazonVisa-$1650}{Cap1-$600}
1/1/14 [Experian-Fico 747][TU-Fico744][Equifax-Fico766]
Contributor
Posts: 139
Registered: ‎08-18-2012
0

Re: Hsn just did a hard inquiry without my consent what do i do?


bostonte wrote:

Did you have enough available credit on your HSN account to cover the purchase? Some creditors treat a purchase request in excess of the credit line as a request for a credit line increase, and process it accordingly.

 

either way, if you have a credit account with them they have permissible purpose to pull whenever they like. The laws regarding permissible purpose for current creditors do no differentiate between hard or soft inquiries. They either have permission for both or neither.


No i guess not cause i bought some christmas gifts and thought i had enough but it got declined, and i had to use my personal cc to make the purchase so in the end i didn't even use there credit this time.

{NFCU-25k}{Saphire-15k}{Duck-15k}{BOA-12k}{DCU-10k}{Slate-7200}{Simplicity-$7200}{USAA-6k}{DiscoverIT-5k}{CitiTY-$4100}{AmexBCE-$3500}{Venture-$3000}{WalmartDisc-$2600}{Merrick-$1200}{AmazonVisa-$1650}{Cap1-$600}
1/1/14 [Experian-Fico 747][TU-Fico744][Equifax-Fico766]
Contributor
Posts: 139
Registered: ‎08-18-2012
0

Re: Hsn just did a hard inquiry without my consent what do i do?

All in all i don't like bad business and if they find it in there best interest to do this to me i will not be odering anything from them again, and after i pay them done i will instantly close the account. I have been a great customer of theirs over the years and never ever been late on a payment. They can trust me but why can't i be able to trust them? Screw all that crap all it takes is 1 time for me. I wont stand for something like this.

{NFCU-25k}{Saphire-15k}{Duck-15k}{BOA-12k}{DCU-10k}{Slate-7200}{Simplicity-$7200}{USAA-6k}{DiscoverIT-5k}{CitiTY-$4100}{AmexBCE-$3500}{Venture-$3000}{WalmartDisc-$2600}{Merrick-$1200}{AmazonVisa-$1650}{Cap1-$600}
1/1/14 [Experian-Fico 747][TU-Fico744][Equifax-Fico766]
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 346
Registered: ‎02-01-2012
0

Re: Hsn just did a hard inquiry without my consent what do i do?


quarius wrote:

All in all i don't like bad business and if they find it in there best interest to do this to me i will not be odering anything from them again, and after i pay them done i will instantly close the account. I have been a great customer of theirs over the years and never ever been late on a payment. They can trust me but why can't i be able to trust them? Screw all that crap all it takes is 1 time for me. I wont stand for something like this.


What probably happened was that the available credit in your HSN account wasn't high enough and they decided to do a CLI thinking you wanted that when you requested their payment method. It is also possible they wanted to see if you qualified for the extra payment via the HSN credit card account. All in all this may not be HSN's problem but the financial backers of the card which I believe is Comenity Capital Bank. I would contact them and see if they will recode it. If not...try to dispute it with the Credit Reporting Agencies. 

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.