Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huge drop in score

tag
sgs10
Regular Contributor

Huge drop in score

My tu score dropped from 722 to 682 - whopping 40 points from last month. The revolving balance on my account is usually 0% and  it went to 8% this month. I thought if I stay between 0 -9% I will be fine. What should I do now to bring back my scores?Man Sad

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Huge drop in score

That's too many points just for that much util.

Compare your reports. What else is going on? Was there just one account reporting the balance, or suddenly all your accounts, or what?

Look at the negatives on screen 2 of last month's report and those on this month. Any change in order, or any new factors appear?

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 6
sgs10
Regular Contributor

yep all my 3 cards reporting balance but small amounts.  Is the loss of points can be recovered????

Message 3 of 6
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

@sgs10 wrote:

yep all my 3 cards reporting balance but small amounts.  Is the loss of points can be recovered????

Yes, if you bring back the util, you bring back the points. That will tell you if something else added to the drop.

Also, aging may give you a few points extra.

Message 4 of 6
sgs10
Regular Contributor

How long it will take???. I am not looking to apply for any more cards this year probbaly by summer next year.

Message 5 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

As soon as you reverse whatever caused the drop, the points will come back.

I guess it's the effect of all three cards reporting balances + the increased util. Still seems like a lot, but if you don't have a lot of cards, I can see that this might happen.

Anyway, util is the easiest thing to reverse. As soon as the new balances are updated to the credit bureaus, and they add them to your reports, your scores will have changed.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.