Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hunter Mode complete

tag
suzook1
Frequent Contributor

Hunter Mode complete

well after several years of being a rebuilder, the last few days I went on some serious hunting and have officially left the rebuilder world behind.

I must admit I did go a little crazy but my scores only dropped a total of 9 points for these inquiries. I will not be applying for anything else for at least

another 2 years.

I applied for and was approved for:

Discover card with $4000 CL

Paypal Mastercard with $4000 CL

Chase Freedom with $5000 CL

Amex Blue Cash Preferred CL not known yet

Barclays Apple $1500 CL

Citi AA Advantage with a $4000 CL  (denied but recon)

and finally...........

BOA Cash Reward with a CL of .............drum roll...........$7500

Everyone on this site has been so helpful I truly appreciate it.

Now to sit back and enjoy the fruits of my labor, let these TL age and buy a cup of coffee on each account every few months.

Time to beat them at their own game

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Hunter Mode complete

Good stuff!

Be prepared for restlessness and boredom. Smiley Very Happy Try crocheting or football or something. Smiley Wink

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 15
umair
New Contributor

Interesting... pls share what was situation prior?

Message 3 of 15
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Congrats. Be prepred for FR from Amex.

Message 4 of 15
suzook1
Frequent Contributor

what does FR mean

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@aleicgrant wrote:

what does FR mean

Financial Review (they will request pay stubs and tax returns). There are very few and far between, so no need to worry about it now, just deal with it if it happens - and I would think as long as you didn't lie on your application you should be fine.

I believe what the poster above was trying to point out is that you should only apply for a card or two every few months and never go over board with your applications or you may risk Adverse Actions from your current and/ or new creditors. Barclay's is another one people claim don't like new tradelines.

Congratulations on your approvals, I know it feels extremely good when you're finally in with the prime banks Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 15
dharalex
Established Contributor

May I ask what your SC is? Did you do all of this in one day? BTW, many congrats on your successes!

Starting Score: TU:676;EQ:648 8/2011
Current Score: TU:738; EQ: 739 ;EX: 729 6/2012
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 15
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I wouldn't be worrying about AmEx. Barclays, though, that's another story.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 15
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Wow!!! What a great haul! Congrats on such a successful round of apps! Now, please come and join us in the garden... allow me to pass you a watering can. Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 9 of 15
suzook1
Frequent Contributor

watering as we speak Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.