cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huntington Bank Voice Credit Card Pre-Approvals!

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Huntington Bank Voice Credit Card Pre-Approvals!

@Creditaddict wrote:

I called back... I gave a KY address and my CA address.... she put me on hold to talk to banker and comes back saying it's a long hold but let me start your profile for them:

Okay, I gave KY address again and asked if I could give a different mailing address from billing?

She said no, I have to choose.

So I said well, then use the CA address since that is where "You" sent the pre-approval and I want it to match.

She then says, not sure if that will work, let me go back to the hold and wait for banker.

she comes back and says "it's illegal for us to take applications outside our footprint and since you are in CA we can't take the app"

(in my head... that is about the dumbest BS made up stuff I have EVER heard)

Okay, that's fine, lets go ahead and use the KY address then.

"Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to step into a branch to apply now!"

umm, I can't do that right now, that's why I'm calling.

"EXACTLY, You are NOT HERE and you want to apply with an address here, so NOW you need to go to a branch!" (Like the most ghetto attitude just came out of this girl)

I was like, You are the one that said I need to use the KY address, and your bank is the one that sent this letter to THIS CA address so I thought the info should match but you said no it needs to be KY and now you are saying no?!

"Good Day Sir, CLICK!"

Housewives of Atlanta NENE flashed through my mind!

WOW.....just  WOW!!!!   Im having flashs of Langley running thru my mind right now...

Message 11 of 22
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Oh that's a good comparison!!
Message 12 of 22
12njoy
Super Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

I called back... I gave a KY address and my CA address.... she put me on hold to talk to banker and comes back saying it's a long hold but let me start your profile for them:

Okay, I gave KY address again and asked if I could give a different mailing address from billing?

She said no, I have to choose.

So I said well, then use the CA address since that is where "You" sent the pre-approval and I want it to match.

She then says, not sure if that will work, let me go back to the hold and wait for banker.

she comes back and says "it's illegal for us to take applications outside our footprint and since you are in CA we can't take the app"

(in my head... that is about the dumbest BS made up stuff I have EVER heard)

Okay, that's fine, lets go ahead and use the KY address then.

"Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to step into a branch to apply now!"

umm, I can't do that right now, that's why I'm calling.

"EXACTLY, You are NOT HERE and you want to apply with an address here, so NOW you need to go to a branch!" (Like the most ghetto attitude just came out of this girl)

I was like, You are the one that said I need to use the KY address, and your bank is the one that sent this letter to THIS CA address so I thought the info should match but you said no it needs to be KY and now you are saying no?!

"Good Day Sir, CLICK!"

Housewives of Atlanta NENE flashed through my mind!

WOW.....just  WOW!!!!   Im having flashs of Langley running thru my mind right now...

Ugh just when I had that ugly experience out of my mind Smiley LOL  Sorry this happened to you CA.  I too had a similar experience with BBVA like this.  They let me apply for a card online eventhough in one spot it said to apply come into a branch.  Somehow it allowed me to apply online.  Long story short, I got the same response you got that I needed to come into a branch.  Well I'm no where near a branch.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 13 of 22
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

If you really want the card, this is how you do it.  You go online and open a checking account.  It will tell you the same thing about the footprint.  However a few days later you will get an email about opening the account anyway.  You then open the checking account and that makes you a customer and able to get the card.

I was preparing to move back to Michigan in a little over a year, about a year and a half ago and tried to open an account with them online and was told no, not in footprint.  Then a few days later I either got an email or a call from a banker telling me I could still open the account and to contact them at their number.  It wasn't that big of a deal so I didn't do it.  I did however go to a branch about 5 months ago when I was in Michigan and opened a checking account, since they were giving away free money.  At the time I applied for the Voice card and while it took verification, got it. 

When I got the email or phone call I did contact them and they said that if I got in with a checking account then I could open a credit card.  Their chekcing account does not require a minimum balance.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 14 of 22
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Dear CREDITADDICT,

Thank you for opening your new Asterisk-Free Checking account. Your new Huntington account is now open and you're able to log in to Online Banking.

Smiley TongueSmiley WinkSmiley LOL

Message 15 of 22
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Oh my.. You never lack entertainment value this is for sure.

Message 16 of 22
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

hehe... Its my birthday and ill get what i want!

Message 17 of 22
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

hehe... Its my birthday and ill get what i want!

ahem...cough, cough... Discover Smiley Very Happy

Message 18 of 22
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I'm making up for Discover
Message 19 of 22
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:
I'm making up for Discover

** For a month 

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.