Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huntington Bank Voice Credit Card

tag
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

Re: Huntington Bank Voice Credit Card

Those of us who haven't bought a car in awhile (myself) forget about how many times your credit can be pulled when you apply, so when I see 19-25 INQ's i am amazed. I forget sometimes about the car dealers 'shopping for rates' and think they are CC apps.

I guess Huntington is not INQ sensitive.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 51 of 59
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@emptypockets wrote:

Congrats! 19 INQ's WOW

@dwayne4607 wrote:

I'm not saying this is a good thing, but I have 26 inquiries....6 of which are from when I bought a car and the dealer told me that they would count as 1....right.  I don't know that inquiries carry as much weight as some would lead you to believe.  Anyway, I'm glad to hear that you got it! 

Well I haven't been automobile shopping, just credit cards Smiley Happy. Of the 19, only about four are from this year, so that helps some. I really haven't run into any problems with number of inquiries from any lender at all. I believe the longer the history, the less impact inquiries have with approvals. It also may help that I only let one balance report, so low "debt". I reckon inquiries would matter a lot more if I was 90% on a few cards.

Automotive inquiries may only count as one with scoring models, but a computer or underwriter will still see all of them when a report is pulled. I really don't know why they even mention the lumping together because it will still cause a hang up when applying for something.

Anyway, yes I am glad to have gotten the card. I really expected a low limit, but I have had surprisingly high limit approvals from lenders pulling Equifax. It used to be that Equifax pulls got me low limits, but that seems to have gone away.

Message 52 of 59
arod1

They pulled equifax on me. Kentucky
Message 53 of 59
zyzzus
Established Contributor

Is this available nationwide now?

Capital One Quicksilver- $5,400 | Chase Freedom - $8,000 | Chase Freedom Unlimited- $13,000 | Chase Amazon -$5,000 | Priceline Visa -$10,000 | US Bank Cash+ - $18,200 | Fidelity Visa -$10,000 | Sallie Mae- $10,000  | DCU Platinum $12,000 | Discover IT - $10,000 | Amex EveryDay - $25,000  | Amex BlueCash Everyday- $9,800 | Citi DoubleCash - $18,000 | Sapphire Preferred- $13,000 Freedom Unlimited$7,000 Blispay$12,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve- $18,000 | Consumers Credit Union Visa Sig Cash Rebate$25,000

Message 54 of 59
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

@zyzzus wrote:

Not according to the online chat I had today, the gentleman said because I live in MA and am not in their physical footprint I was unable to apply for CC and checking account.

Message 55 of 59
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@odd_dog wrote:

@zyzzus wrote:

Not according to the online chat I had today, the gentleman said because I live in MA and am not in their physical footprint I was unable to apply for CC and checking account.

According to this recent post, it seems it's available nationwide.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Huntington-Bank-update-on-Voice-credit-card-Now-availab...

Message 56 of 59
Beane
Regular Contributor

3% on utilities would be 1% more than you can get with Barclay rewards.  If you had $700ish in utility bills a month then you could get the max amount each quarter.

FICO EQ: 733 TU: 727 CS FAKO EX: 737                                                                                               In the garden since 5/9/13
Message 57 of 59
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 58 of 59
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@09Lexie wrote:

The 3% on utilities would be very nice!  

Yes indeed!  This pretty one is on my radar for Fall. 

Message 59 of 59
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.