Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huntington Voice T&C Caveats, good to know information

tag
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

Huntington Voice T&C Caveats, good to know information

Hey all Smiley Happy

So I received my Voice WMC in the mail today, and while at work I've kinda browsed the T&C's and found a couple of pretty uncommon (at least AFAIK w/ my lenders) catches Huntington has put into their T&C's.

1) Looking at the minimum payments section, if you take a look where there are two tiers, one if ALL APR's are 23.49% or Lower and the other if ANY APR is Over 23.49%. Now, I was approved at 17.99% (751EQ, I know I didn't get the most prime rate simply because of my recent accounts, and I understand that - this card for me is not going to carry a balance), but the Cash Advance APR for everyone (at least AFAIK) is the whopping 23.99%. So, based on my interpretation of their T&C using absolutes, I'd say no one with the reward version of the Voice gets the first, or better, tier in minimum payments.

2)For their 12 month 0% promo APR (on both purchases/BT's), IF you BT a balance, then make purchases, then the BT remains at the 0% APR, BUT unless you pay off the BT and the purchase, you do not get the promo APR on the purchase and are charged interest. WTH?! Be cautious, if you want to use the promo APR, make purchases only ,lol (better cards for BT out there, and I guess Huntington doesn't give out nice big limits anyways, with "no mechanism for credit line increases" [per another myFICO user])

So anyways, I figured I've give some people a heads-up; if I'm misinterpreting #1 let me know, but that's just how I read into it. I also found it frustrating that I can't sign up for online banking for the card unless I call customer service. There weren't any instructions included in the enclosures for online management of the card.

I was pretty excited to get this card for the 3x categories. Right now, I'm thinking to turn this card into a travel card (put the 3x category on travel), utilize the no FTF, and cancel CSP when AF is due. Then, a year or so down the road, apply for another Voice (then I can keep one on utilities and one on travel instead of switching every quarter I need the travel Smiley Happy )

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.