cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huntington Voice available nationwide...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Huntington Voice available nationwide...

Bummer. They didn't pull anything right? Afterall, I might try in the future once my inquiries/new accounts age off.

Message 11 of 19
mattmyFIC0
Established Contributor

Just tried to apply in CA:

Unfortunately, we are unable to consider your application for credit as the Voice Credit Card program is only available in your area for existing Huntington customers.

Would have been nice to tell me that before I filled out the whole app........

Scores 01/04/2017: EQ 719, TU 750, EX 716
Goal scores: 740 across the board
Message 12 of 19
fritscher
Regular Contributor

i love my Huntington Voice.,.initial high SL as well..we ahve our mortgage there..i live in Ohio..

Message 13 of 19
Josh611
Regular Contributor

Just my opinion, but I would stay away from Huntington. Not a bad card, but their customer service is awful.

The company I work for had an account with First Merrit before Huntington bought them out. We have had so many issues with Huntington. Not really credit card related but overall just many issues with the transition.
Current FICO Scores EQ 782,TU 755, EX 754

AMEX BCE $24k, Quicksilver $10k, Venture $13k, Sallie Mae Mastercard $8.3K Chase Freedom 5k, Discover IT $3.4k, Kohl's Charge $2.5k, Capital One Secured $801
Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

No offense, but I can't take one's word on a bank based on transitions. If I did, Citi would be absolutely terrible. Afterall, the Costco switch was really bad. Yet the past year I've had the DC card, I've had nothing but great customer service with Citi. This seems to always be an issue with transitions and mergers/aquistions with banks. If you have previous banking experience with Huntington not involving such, feel free to share.

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I completely agree with culinary.... even so I will say their CS has been chaotic since the merger. They have been confused on lots of things. That being said... I would still recommend this card to anyone. It's a great card. High SL's. Decent rewards. Good other benefits besides the rewards. Decent APR. Soft pull CLI's. All in all I am super happy with them.
Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess they just merged accounts sometime last month. So I understand the CS issues recently. Many will want to know about changes to their accounts, other options, close accounts, etc. Probably give them time to recover. As long as things go smoothly, why worry about CS for now?

It stinks that it isn't supposively open to people outside the service area. But I don't like that they said people outside it could apply only to deny based on location. All they have to do is ask for your address at the beginning of the app. And if it flags one as outside the area, stop immediately. Or do what other banks do, take every customer and they can pay online. Not like they have to pay more other than a minor shipping cost, which probably is about the same for a majority of what they will send.
Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed. Hopefully they don't get a HP or they remove it.

I think it wasn't opened up to everyone but opened up to a lot more states. For instance, WI didn't have any Huntington-but had First Merit. Now they have Huntington.

There are something like 8 more states that opened up.

I agree the CS will come around once things calm down. It has to be confusing-especially if you get a CSR from FM who is being asked about Huntington stuff and doesn't know yet.
Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

No different that when Chase changed their Amazon Card and all of us were getting 100 different answers on the questions we had.
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.