Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huntington Voice for non-customers not in their footprint

tag
vivman1107
Valued Member

Huntington Voice for non-customers not in their footprint

I am not a current customer of Huntington Bank and tried to app for this card in my last app spree a couple weeks ago. Their website would not let me proceed with either a checking account application or the Voice application. I then tried calling their CS line. They started the application for the Voice but stopped when I gave my Florida driver's license information. Does anyone know if they have plans to make the card nationwide? Also, has anyone in the same situation managed to have an application processed and/or approved?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Huntington Voice for non-customers not in their footprint

Not that I've heard of or seen.  Unlike the US Bank Cash+ that folks have figured a workaround, the Huntingotn Voice CC's have pretty much stayed within their footprint.

Message 2 of 11
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

FNBO (First National Bank Omaha) are the same way. Members have posted it takes a invite via mail to get in with them.

Message 3 of 11
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

FNBO (First National Bank Omaha) are the same way. Members have posted it takes a invite via mail to get in with them.

Unlike FNBO, Huntington does not back any co-branded cards.  So that's a simple workaround to get in with FNBO.

I spoke to a Huntington CSR a few weeks ago after my last application and they said plans to roll out the Voice card on a national level were shelved for something to do with security concerns.  He didn't elaborate beyond that.

Message 4 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@B335is wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Unlike FNBO, Huntington does not back any co-branded cards.  So that's a simple workaround to get in with FNBO.

I spoke to a Huntington CSR a few weeks ago after my last application and they said plans to roll out the Voice card on a national level were shelved for something to do with security concerns.  He didn't elaborate beyond that.

And you, my friend, got lucky to have TWO!!  I only wanted one during my round of approvals last week.

Message 5 of 11
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@FinStar wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

And you, my friend, got lucky to have TWO!!  I only wanted one during my round of approvals last week.

You're right.  The CSR didn't even know you could have two until underwriting corrected him.  Did you find out your limit yet?

Message 6 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@B335is wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

You're right.  The CSR didn't even know you could have two until underwriting corrected him.  Did you find out your limit yet?

Actually, funny you mentioned it, I did earlier.  Apparently, I missed one of their emails which required final verification to update the account, and logged in earlier this evening and it updated - $7,000.  What did you end up with both cards combined?

HTG.JPG

Message 7 of 11
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@FinStar wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Actually, funny you mentioned it, I did earlier.  Apparently, I missed one of their emails which required final verification to update the account, and logged in earlier this evening and it updated - $7,000.  What did you end up with both cards combined?

HTG.JPG

I've had card #1 for 12 months now, that's $10k.  Card #2 last month is also $10k.  I have a checking acct that I just throw $50-100 in per month so nothing significant.  Who did they pull for you?  I only had maybe 2 inquiries when I applied.

Message 8 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@B335is wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

HTG.JPG

I've had card #1 for 12 months now, that's $10k.  Card #2 last month is also $10k.  I have a checking acct that I just throw $50-100 in per month so nothing significant.  Who did they pull for you?  I only had maybe 2 inquiries when I applied.

Not bad, 20 G's!  baller!   I thought about a second one, but decided against it and went for Wells Fargo AMEX instead.   I'm in OH so I'm thinking they pulled EQ and I may have had maybe 4 inquires or so?  I'll know in the next day or so when I get my updated CR file.

Message 9 of 11
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@FinStar wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

HTG.JPG

Not bad, 20 G's!  baller!   I thought about a second one, but decided against it and went for Wells Fargo AMEX instead.   I'm in OH so I'm thinking they pulled EQ and I may have had maybe 4 inquires or so?  I'll know in the next day or so when I get my updated CR file.

I really wasn't expecting a 2nd approval, but will take it lol.  Did you go for Propel World Amex?  It's a really good bonus offer.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.