Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hw long does it take to show up ?

tag
freakyfico
Established Member

Hw long does it take to show up ?

Yesterday I applied for an Orchard bank secured card. If I'm approved I'll know in 10-14 days,I dont see why I wouldnt get it I used a 500 dollar deposit.  How long can I expect to wait before i see my new acct showing up on my EQ bureau.   thanks
EQ 689 TU 687 EX 654 Amex Business Platinum .... All I Need !!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Hw long does it take to show up ?

HSBC is pretty quick to report. Within 30 day days for sure.
Message 2 of 12
MeganML84
Frequent Contributor

Tuscani wrote:
HSBC is pretty quick to report. Within 30 day days for sure.

Heck, I applied and was approved for a platinum MC on the 17th of September and I still haven't received my card! I have called twice and they keep telling me to just wait, wait, wait... I am going to dump them if they don't get me my card by the end of the week. 15 business days is long enough!
Wisdom doesn't automatically come with old age. Nothing does - except wrinkles. It's true, some wines improve with age... but only if the grapes were good in the first place.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Patience Megan. I know how you feel. I'm waiting on 2 cards myself. Keep in mind that we are in the Christmas buying season right now, and I'm sure their request volume is pretty high. Just food for thought Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 12
MeganML84
Frequent Contributor

I know, I am trying to be patient but I am a little worried as well.

We moved recently and I had all of my mail forwarded to a P.O. Box and I heard somewhere that the Post Office will not forward sensitive material from places like banks and CCC. Does anyone know if that is true?

(Sorry, did not mean to highjack your thread!)
Wisdom doesn't automatically come with old age. Nothing does - except wrinkles. It's true, some wines improve with age... but only if the grapes were good in the first place.
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

if it is marked "do not forward"
then this is true.

@MeganML84 wrote:
I know, I am trying to be patient but I am a little worried as well.
We moved recently and I had all of my mail forwarded to a P.O. Box and I heard somewhere that the Post Office will not forward sensitive material from places like banks and CCC. Does anyone know if that is true?
(Sorry, did not mean to highjack your thread!)

Message 6 of 12
MeganML84
Frequent Contributor

Well OBVIOUSLY....Smiley Very Happy
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

i think there should  a law against sending credit cards though the post office, the should be require to be sent fedex UPS , DHL, Post Office is a bunch of screw ups.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't use my mailbox at my physical address and have successfully had 3 different cc's fowarded to my PO Box. I've never had a problem with recieving any financial mailing wheither it be from my bank, insurance, broker, or credit card company to my PO Box, so you should be in good shape.
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to deviate a wee bit: everyone's talking about high card limits to help their scores.  BUT, do lenders, in particular mortgage lenders, see all those cards with high limits (total 86k) as potential DEBT???  Forgive me if it sounds like a stupid question but I'm going to sell my house shortly and I've never had so many credit cards before.  Although they all have very low balances for now, I don't want the next bank to  deny me a loan because they think I have too much credit!

I better check back into the sleigh center. Hope my bed's still available!Smiley Sad
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.