Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hyatt 2 Free Nights question

tag
jasonkm1
Regular Contributor

Hyatt 2 Free Nights question

I'm planning on getting this card so I can use the 2 free nights in Tokyo. Can anyone tell me how long they take to credit you the free nights after the $1,000 spend and how long you have to use the 2 free nights credit? I have to time my app with my vacation. I'm planning on going in may 2016. Don't want to get it too early and have the 2 nights expire. thanks for any help!

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hyatt 2 Free Nights question

I know that they expire 1 year after issuance.  Guess that means whatever date that they print on the certificate .

Message 2 of 18
jasonkm1
Regular Contributor

ok thanks, that's great. I can apply for the card next month. I was disappointed that the Marriots free night certificate is only good for 6 months. Mine expired before I could use it.

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jasonkm1 wrote:

ok thanks, that's great. I can apply for the card next month. I was disappointed that the Marriots free night certificate is only good for 6 months. Mine expired before I could use it.

You'll be able to find the expiration date and other info on your goldpassport account once it's issued

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, are you sure the Tokyo Hyatt is category 4 or below?

Message 5 of 18
jasonkm1
Regular Contributor

The two free nights you get for the $1,000 spend can be used at any Hyatt property.  I remember reading people have used it at the Park Hyatt in Tokyo. The free night you get every year is only good up to level 4. I hope they didn't change this benefit because 2 nights room at the Tokyo Park Hyatt can cost more than $1600!

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

They haven't changed the benefit Smiley Happy 2 free nights at any Hyatt. Trying to narrow down what part of the world I'd like to use mine in next year.
Message 7 of 18
red259
Super Contributor

So do you actually have to have the stay by the expiration date or do you just need to make the booking itself before the expiration date? I have two certificates I want to use on a trip. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 8 of 18
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@jasonkm1 wrote:

If you call up the marriott service line they'll extend your certificate for at least 6 months, sometimes more, giving you at least a full year to use it. 

@Anonymous: Normally it's a stay-by date, but call up customer service and see what the actual terms are. Sometimes they can edit the expiration for you. 

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

How soon can you call them to extend it? Do you call them if it's about to run out?
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.