Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hyatt Anniversary Night

tag
SkyCommander
Frequent Contributor

Hyatt Anniversary Night

I applied for my Hyatt card back in January so in a few months I'll be getting my anniversary night. My two questions are

1- How long after you hit the 1 year mark did the night show up in your account?

2- Can I make two 1 night reservations at a Hyatt property now and when the anniversary night posts call in and have them apply the anniversary night to it? Or do I have to redo my reservation and -hope- that a standard room is still available?

Chase Hyatt | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase Freedom Unlimited | Amex ED | Amex Hilton | Amex Bonvoy | BoA Amtrak | CapOne Quicksilver
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hyatt Anniversary Night

1. Mine posted about 2 weeks before my anniversary date. 

2.  Don't think so. Have to wait until posted and then book. Even if standard room available an award night might not be available. 

Message 2 of 6
SkyCommander
Frequent Contributor

I'm using my points to cover my 2nd night but I'm hoping that I can use the anniversary night instead and save those points.

Chase Hyatt | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase Freedom Unlimited | Amex ED | Amex Hilton | Amex Bonvoy | BoA Amtrak | CapOne Quicksilver
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't think it works that way. When I was searching to use my free night even hotels that had award nights available didn't have availability for the free night. 

Message 4 of 6
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Don't think it works that way. When I was searching to use my free night even hotels that had award nights available didn't have availability for the free night. 

My experience has been if you want to use a reward night, Hyatt included, call them. Trying to do that on line is impossible for mere mortals, because you don't have access to all the back-office transactions that the CSR has.

When I used my two free nights in 2015 for a trip to D.C. I intended to stay three nights. No award nights showed up on the Hyatt booking site. The CSR was able to configure it so I was to only pay for the lowest cost night, which meant bracketing the free nights on Friday and Monday nights.

Same with SPG, when trying to book from points for Hawaii, I called to do that, and was able to have the CSR walk through the available options and tradeoffs to get the best deal and best room.

Hotel CSRs rock.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 5 of 6
Josh2942
Established Contributor

After I paid my AF I got it.
Jaguar F-Type R Loan 50K Balance
Goldman Sachs Signature Loan $29,000 TU 750 score pulled at time of loan.
Student Loan Debt $1,500
Credit Card Debt $300 1>% of $166,700
FAKO Transunion 723 Equifax 744
What's in my wallet? Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Freedom Unlimited, and AMEX Blue for Business
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.