Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hyatt Points are AWESOME

tag
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Hyatt Points are AWESOME

Thanks so much for telling me about Hyatt Passport points. They really are a great value. Just from adding my mom as an AU on my CSP I got a free hotel room from transferring UR! I may not ever stay at a Marriott or Starwood again. But do any of you know how many points you get per stay/dollar? I missed that part
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hyatt Points are AWESOME

I believe 3 at Hyatt, 2 for restaurants, air and car rental. (I didn't go check the site, but that's what I've jotted down as we're REALLY close to apping for this.) 

Message 2 of 8
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Oh not for the credit card, I mean just for the program in general.
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

ah. NM

Message 4 of 8
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Hyatt is one of the best travel partners when it comes to UR imo. When it comes to hotel points they are probably worth the most. They are so much better than marriot or hilton points that are worth nearly nothing. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 5 of 8
Sharingan
Established Contributor

@icyhot wrote:
Thanks so much for telling me about Hyatt Passport points. They really are a great value. Just from adding my mom as an AU on my CSP I got a free hotel room from transferring UR! I may not ever stay at a Marriott or Starwood again. But do any of you know how many points you get per stay/dollar? I missed that part

I'm a huge fan of Hyatt and their Passport loyalty program. The points are worth a respectable value, and I don't feel like I am being fleeced when booking a hotel with points.The Hyatt will be my only surviving hotel card soon because it's the one that I really feel is a great value for its AF and it has excellent synergy with the CSP.

I have yet to have any troubles with their smaller presence either... compared to competitors. 

Message 6 of 8
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Sharingan wrote:

@icyhot wrote:

I'm a huge fan of Hyatt and their Passport loyalty program. The points are worth a respectable value, and I don't feel like I am being fleeced when booking a hotel with points.The Hyatt will be my only surviving hotel card soon because it's the one that I really feel is a great value for its AF and it has excellent synergy with the CSP.

I have yet to have any troubles with their smaller presence either... compared to competitors. 

The only time i would worry about their "smaller" presence is when you travel overseas that is where i see their limited presence can be an problem. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@icyhot wrote:

* Gold Passport Members = 5 points per dollar on room cost (exclude tax)

* Platinum Members = 5.75 points per dollar on room cost (exclude tax)

* Diamond Members = 6.5 points per dollar on room cost (exclude tax)

If you are a Hyatt Gold Passport member and you used a Chase Hyatt Card to pay, then it would be 8 points per dollar. If you have the Chase Hyatt Card, you are automatically a Platinum member, which would give you 5.75+3 per dollar.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.