Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hyatt Visa Signature from Chase

tag
CHARGE
Valued Member

Hyatt Visa Signature from Chase

Happy Holidays everyone! 

I'm a long time lurker on here and this is my first time post.  Happy to be here finally contributing.

Does anyone have this card yet?  I travel a lot for work and easily stay at Hyatt hotels 30 times or more often a year.  Amex Platinum charge is definitely my "go to" card but I could use this card for all hotel reservations and purchases and (seem to) make out quite well in regards to bonus points and stays.  Anyone have this card yet and what has been your experience so far?

Thanks

TU: 789 - 06/06/2011 | EQ: 790 - 06/29/2011 | EX: 803 - 02/10/2009

What's in my wallet?
Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express, Citi Costco, Blue Cash Everyday from American Express, BMW Financial Services Visa, Citi Double Cash, Discover More, Delta Community Credit Union Platinum Rewards Visa ....
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hyatt Visa Signature from Chase

Merry X'mas to everyone!!

Congratulation on your very first post CHARGE!

Sorry, I do not have that card.  Hope someone will respond to your question soon.

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

A Happy New Year!!

BUMP ~  MODs ... anyone ....

Message 3 of 15
JCAD42885
Established Member

I applied for this card last week and--when I checked the status today--I got a 30-day message. I asked for an operator, and she couldn't give me any additional information.

I'm very surprised; I'm usually instantly approved for cards. My scores are all high 700s and my income is decent.

I wonder if Chase is being stringent with this particular card, or if it's more of a widespread Chase policy at this time...?

Message 4 of 15
CHARGE
Valued Member

Do you have any other Chase credit card accounts already?  I read on another blog they will only let most people have two credit card accounts or they will reallocate your credit line from one, close it and open the Hyatt card.  Not sure if this situation applies to you but I would definitely call them.

I still haven't decided whether or not to app for this one.  Still waiting on my Costco True Earnings card now.

Good Luck.

What's in my wallet?
Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express, Citi Costco, Blue Cash Everyday from American Express, BMW Financial Services Visa, Citi Double Cash, Discover More, Delta Community Credit Union Platinum Rewards Visa ....
Message 5 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@CHARGE wrote:

Do you have any other Chase credit card accounts already?  I read on another blog they will only let most people have two credit card accounts or they will reallocate your credit line from one, close it and open the Hyatt card.  Not sure if this situation applies to you but I would definitely call them.

I still haven't decided whether or not to app for this one.  Still waiting on my Costco True Earnings card now.

Good Luck.

I have never heard of not being able to have more than 1 Chase Card. with your scores I would think it would be a sure thing for approval and if you are staying 30+ times a year, it would be very beneficial for you, probably free upgrades etc.

Message 6 of 15
CHARGE
Valued Member

Sorry ... I was actually responding to about JCAD42884 about his reasons for not being instantly approved. 

I personally an still not sure if I want this card yet.  I'm still waiting on my Costco True Earnings card from AMEX to be approved and once it posts to my CRs I will be over 20 years for my oldest account.  Waited until January to apply to get that backdating.  Depending on how all works out after that posts, I'll then decide if I want to app for the Hyatt Visa.  Smiley Wink

What's in my wallet?
Message 7 of 15
CHARGE
Valued Member

Anyone else considering this card in the new year?  Still going to wait and see what my scores do after the new AMEX reports but I am very interested to see if anyone has this yet.  I asked one of the front desk agents the other day at a Hyatt Place if they had seen any of the cards yet at check-in and they said they had seen quite a few.  Smiley Wink

Thanks

What's in my wallet?
Message 8 of 15
OnWayUpinTexas
Regular Contributor

We must have had the same thing for breakfast.  (I was researching this card (again) just today myself.)  Yep, considering the card as my next target.  But need to wait about 5 months to let some INQs fall off, and get my EQ score back up!

Starting Score: 542 (in 2006)
Current Score: 661 (TU FICO), 677 (EQ FICO), 672 (EX FICO)
Goal Score: 750+
Message 9 of 15
JCAD42885
Established Member

Just a little update...

The delay was due to an international IP address (I applied while traveling overseas). I confirmed my identity and was shortly thereafter approved for $12K. And, just as an aside, this is my third Chase credit card: I also carry a Freedom with $8K and a Slate with $1.9K (stupid old card).

So, anyway, it worked out for me.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.