Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hyatt or IHG?

tag
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

Hyatt or IHG?

I currently have both Hyatt & IHG (Freedom & CSP as well). I don't prefer one over the other. I don't really want to pay AFs for both. If you were me, which one would you keep and why?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Hyatt or IHG?

What were  the reasons you apped for the cards? Assuming it wasn't just a sign up bonus, you'll need to provide more details other than not wanting to pay AF

Message 2 of 8
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

IF you just want the IHG for the points and not for the free night there is a IHG card with no AF to rake up points. probably can't PC it to the non AF version but i would try then if not app for it 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 3 of 8
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

What were  the reasons you apped for the cards? Assuming it wasn't just a sign up bonus, you'll need to provide more details other than not wanting to pay AF

In fact, I did sign up both just for the bonus.

Message 4 of 8
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

@Closingracer99 wrote:

IF you just want the IHG for the points and not for the free night there is a IHG card with no AF to rake up points. probably can't PC it to the non AF version but i would try then if not app for it 

Really? I did not see it on Chase website.

Message 5 of 8
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@DigitalArk wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

In fact, I did sign up both just for the bonus.

I personally would do hyatt only because its best value combined with UR points. What i mean is UR points to hyatt seem like an whole lot better value than UR to IHG.  That is probably not an solid reason though. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 6 of 8
dilettante
Established Contributor

@DigitalArk wrote:

I currently have both Hyatt & IHG (Freedom & CSP as well). I don't prefer one over the other. I don't really want to pay AFs for both. If you were me, which one would you keep and why?

I would keep the Hyatt. Lots of different properties from basic to luxury (especially overseas and in metropolitan areas). The sign up bonus certificates, I would definitely use at the Park Hyatt's overseas.

However, I believe the annual free certificate from IHG does not have tier restrictions whereas the Hyatt's annual certificate is only for tier 1-4.

Maybe you should keep the Hyatt and PC the IHG to the no AF so you can keep some IHG status(Gold).

Message 7 of 8
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@DigitalArk wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

Really? I did not see it on Chase website.

When you first click on the card on the right side it should say something about an no AF version of the card. They also offer a lower AF version of the Marriott card and a No AF version of the CSP. They were consolidating the links so that they can hide them* Smiley Very Happy

* My personal opinion of Course 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.