cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I AM IN SHOCK!!!! APPROVED FOR AN AMERICAN EXPRESS CARD THROUGH THE PRE-SELECTOR SITE TONIGHT

tag
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: I AM IN SHOCK!!!! APPROVED FOR AN AMERICAN EXPRESS CARD THROUGH THE PRE-SELECTOR SITE TONIGHT

@nicemann wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:
I applied just for the heck of it and as I suspected I am black listed, they didn't even pull credit

Yep I'm sure I am black listed also.  Had a charge off with them about 8 years ago.  No longer on my credit report, but from what I hear, they never forget.  Had a Discover one at the same time.  Sure I am black listed with both.

Oh well.

You're wrong about Discover. They welcomed me back with open arms and I have a five digit CL with them.

Message 21 of 31
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: I AM IN SHOCK!!!! APPROVED FOR AN AMERICAN EXPRESS CARD THROUGH THE PRE-SELECTOR SITE TONIGHT

@nicemann wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

well the good thing with amex is if your black listed your name triggers the system before they pull credit.

so go ahead and apply and find out if your still in the system! 

I am sure I am.  I still get soft INQs about every month from AMEX.

Some months they soft me three times and my bad account(s) is/are at least 15 years past CO.

Message 22 of 31
TryN2Rebuild
Regular Contributor

creditwherecreditisdue

How long after the CO did Discover welcome you back?

Thanks

Message 23 of 31
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@ewingerter wrote:

creditwherecreditisdue

How long after the CO did Discover welcome you back?

Thanks

I got a pre-approved offer from them July 2008 and crossed my fingers when I pulled the trigger. I was approved for CL of $8.1K and since increased to $10.1K. (This is pretty high for Discover.) I definitely had problems with them that I am pretty sure were never fully worked out. The TL was no longer appearing on my CBR's in 2007. I am not sure that the account was ever brought current, if it was charged off or what happened. I don't think it ever went to outside collection. I would say as long as your bad TL is off your CBR's you could risk an app as long as you are prepared to deal with a denial.
Message 24 of 31
nicemann
Established Contributor

Well maybe I will have to try Discover again.

Message Edited by nicemann on 10-04-2009 05:30 AM
Message 25 of 31
pattycake
Established Contributor

Well, did Amex Costco app in store - INSTANT APPROVAL!!!!

DI - I now am REALLY done hunting, and now gardening.  Definitely.  

pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Message 26 of 31
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@pattycake wrote:

Wow, that's great! Another nice addition to your portfolio. Congratulations!

Message 27 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I still cannot find the site your stating to use initially that does not require a hard pull

Thanks

Message 28 of 31
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Click on the top link in my earlier post. It will take you directly to the page.
Message 29 of 31
nicemann
Established Contributor

@pattycake wrote:

Now is the card with AMEX directly or with another bank like GE?  I have two AMEXs branded cards but they are with Bank Of America.
Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.