Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Closed All Barclays Cards Today!

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: I Closed All Barclays Cards Today!

@Anonymous wrote:

Such a shame. Pair this with the potential Sallie Mae debacle....apping for my own Ring when we already have one is seeming less and less appealing. Also just discovered my own local CU has a 7.9% visa signature with 10k starting limits.  And they dont make you send in a billion documents for approval....they actually call you on the phone!

EDIT:

Now I am seeing OP was opening and closing...... So just a real quick answer to my survey.... out of all the big banks, who is the most skiddish and does balance chasing?  We all know who is the least skiddish.....

Probably depends on skittish (as I spell it) about what: rising balances with min payments, bonus chasing, credit seeking, MS.   I suspect different answers for each, at least at various times.

Message 171 of 177
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:
People love using the word "judgemental" when it doesnt apply. No one judged OP, assumed anything, etc. We commented our opinions on his experience. Not good and not bad. What else can one say? Thanks for sharing?

Real life involves opinions and discussion, not just sugar coating. As long as no one is being attacked I see no issue.

We're all adults here.  We know what we're doing.  We're all here to share, discuss, and hopefully benefit each other. Discussion sans the BS and constructive criticism is to be encouraged, but please spare me some of the sophomoric pedantic lecturing (not directed at you specifically, but in general) we've seen on this thread.

Okay, cool off time, please.

Signature needs updating
Message 172 of 177
Anonymous
Not applicable

To be fair, I do see quite a bit of sugarcoating around here. Especially in the Approvals section: Where ANY approval is a good approval. 😄
Message 173 of 177
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
To be fair, I do see quite a bit of sugarcoating around here. Especially in the Approvals section: Where ANY approval is a good approval. 😄

Which was my point. I get tired of people screeching that one is being "judgemental" if they question a poster's decisions. The whole point of a forum is discussion. The good, the bad, the ugly. As long as no one is attacking or violating TOS, it's legitimate to say "I think OP was asking for trouble with their actions" or whatever.

Just because I didn't say "OMG, Barclay's is terrible! I can't believe they did this to you! The world is so unfair"...doesn't mean I'm being judgemental or out of line.

Anyway, suggest we just move on. OP isn't even really in the thread anymore.

Message 174 of 177
Anonymous
Not applicable

To that end, Adverse Action is pretty much a random thing it seems. Yes there are triggers, but the fact is unless you are in fact failing to pay on your obligations, chances are you won't see a CLD unless there is another financial meltdown.
Message 175 of 177
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Which was my point. I get tired of people screeching that one is being "judgemental" if they question a poster's decisions. The whole point of a forum is discussion. The good, the bad, the ugly. As long as no one is attacking or violating TOS, it's legitimate to say "I think OP was asking for trouble with their actions" or whatever.

Just because I didn't say "OMG, Barclay's is terrible! I can't believe they did this to you! The world is so unfair"...doesn't mean I'm being judgemental or out of line.

Anyway, suggest we just move on. OP isn't even really in the thread anymore.

I agree thread is closed to further discussion,

gdale6

myFico Moderator

Message 176 of 177
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

After inner reflection I have restored some comments that I had previously edited out. Sometimes its hard to make a judgment call and I believe that I made the wrong one with these comments. The thread however will remain closed as the OP has not been back in the thread for quite some time.

Message 177 of 177
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.