Super Contributor

Re: I Closed All Barclays Cards Today!

True, you dont want to add fuel to the fire by opening more new accounts
Message 71 of 177
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
How does your Equifax look? Discover seems to be lightening up with their recent promotion. I have gotten more increases this year than I ever did over the last five.

Equifax is around 695 12 Inquires... Old CO's(paid) 4+ years and old lates 4+ years...  I can get them to pull whomever I want, they are willing to do this for me.. Strange story.. Experian is my strongest at the moment, but prefer it to go onto TU as I only have 3 HP's on that..  We shall see.. To be honest I have an application in, but had all 3 CB's froozen and been getting two calls a day from them, they are offering to pull whomever I want lol..  I just like doing science and seeing if I can get a creditor to pull what I want them to.. They are all the same, other than inquiries and a few points give or take.  I just have to unfreeze one and tell them to go after it then the rest is in their hands if I choose to go forward.. Maybe after a few beers tonight.

Message 72 of 177
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who ordered the 55 gallon drum of Jet A? 💣
Message 73 of 177
taxi818
Super Contributor

Wow. Not good news at all. Thank goodness I only have 1 barclays card. 5410 credit limit. Balance. 498. Any action from them I will close it. I've never lijedthewythey think their cards are special. Even the ring. 

Message 74 of 177
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CC:

As a point of reference my EQ was 688 with a tax lien when I apped for Discover in August of last year, and my SL was $3K. Now at $8750. However, I had a pre qual letter and zero inquiries on EQ at the time.

Message 75 of 177
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Baller and B335,  I as well am truly sorry that Barclays treated you this way.      They AA'd me last November with my Apply Card.    I bought numorous things while Xmas shopping to take advantage of the Financing offer.    I only had the card 2 months.   I logged in to make a payment and noticed that it said no credit was available.    I called a CSR to find out they closed my account..   I immediately paid off the balance to be done with them.   Since then I have accumulated about 200K in new credit and no other AA.

I applied for the Arrival last week out of curioustiy and the need for a nice travel card.   I was denied immediately and called to recon and was told the decline was because of the AA.  My credit report was not pulled.   

I dont get why they closed your Apply Card after you went xmas shopping with it. Reason?

I find it odd that they would close your account without first notifying you.

They closed my APPLE card due to agressive credit seeking basically.    The letter stated numerous opened cards and inquiries.     I did receive a letter about 10 days later after I saw they had closed it.    I just happened to notice it was closed when making a payment.     I was never late as it was only a couple of months old.   I have no derogatory marks on my credit reports.

Message 76 of 177
taxi818
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
How does your Equifax look? Discover seems to be lightening up with their recent promotion. I have gotten more increases this year than I ever did over the last five.

Equifax is around 695 12 Inquires... Old CO's(paid) 4+ years and old lates 4+ years...  I can get them to pull whomever I want, they are willing to do this for me.. Strange story.. Experian is my strongest at the moment, but prefer it to go onto TU as I only have 3 HP's on that..  We shall see.. To be honest I have an application in, but had all 3 CB's froozen and been getting two calls a day from them, they are offering to pull whomever I want lol..  I just like doing science and seeing if I can get a creditor to pull what I want them to.. They are all the same, other than inquiries and a few points give or take.  I just have to unfreeze one and tell them to go after it then the rest is in their hands if I choose to go forward.. Maybe after a few beers tonight.

Come on to the Disco cc. My best lender. Imo of course. Even without higuest limit I also got last August. 2500 SL. Now 8k. Love disco. Now will check my barclays because of this thread. 

Message 77 of 177
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Crazy thing is Baller alone probably got what 20-30 people from this forum to apply for the Ring?  Said it was the Cat's Meow and this is how they treat her took her to a 800$ limit.. Granted they didn't know who she was, but that isn't valuing a customer very much at all as she was as loyal as you could get to Barclay's.  Obviously this has shown being this thread loyalty has nothing to do with big banks..   I really need to open a CU CC up sooner than later.

I really don't know if CUs are SO much better.   Yes, in theory they have less of a profit motive but they can be just as risk adverse as the most conservative banks (e.g. pyramiding debt for PenFed) and can be mismanaged as well.

The bottom line is that many people here are not using credit like the majority of people (i..e how it is "meant" to be used) so any lender can get spooked by lots of new accounts or inqs, many requests for CLIs etc.

Message 78 of 177
Callandra
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Crazy thing is Baller alone probably got what 20-30 people from this forum to apply for the Ring?  Said it was the Cat's Meow and this is how they treat her took her to a 800$ limit.. Granted they didn't know who she was, but that isn't valuing a customer very much at all as she was as loyal as you could get to Barclay's.  Obviously this has shown being this thread loyalty has nothing to do with big banks..   I really need to open a CU CC up sooner than later.

I really don't know if CUs are SO much better.   Yes, in theory they have less of a profit motive but they can be just as risk adverse as the most conservative banks (e.g. pyramiding debt for PenFed) and can be mismanaged as well.

The bottom line is that many people here are not using credit like the majority of people (i..e how it is "meant" to be used) so any lender can get spooked by lots of new accounts or inqs, many requests for CLIs etc.

+1 Exactly what I was going to say! I think AA is pretty rare in the real world; but myFico seems to encourage excessive credit seeking and some banks will get nervous. I know this is a Barclays thread but I've seen threads with the same thing regarding Amex, BoA, Chase, etc. It can happen from any bank or CU (I think CUs are overly romanticized here but that's another discussion). 

Just be responsible and use your cards wisely. If you get AA, it's not the end of the world and you can probably have it reversed by calling in and speaking to a person. Smiley Happy I'm not going to spend my time worrying if Barclays will AA me because if they do, they do and I will deal with it then. I will use my cards and if they don't like it, that's fine. I will find another lender to be my daily driver. I'm not going to let stories on the internet affect how I use my cards.

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 79 of 177
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@longtimelurker wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

You got a point.. Although CU's are owned by the members so a bit more forgiving probably and more relaxed.  I agree we use credit to our advantage on this forum where most banks are use to making profits off people vs. paying people to use their CC's.   There are times on this forum people do carry balances, although most of those time it is at 0% apr lol!   For exampe my parents make well above 1/4 million, but for whatever reason they carry CC balances of 5-10k across their CC at any given point.  They have plenty of cash to pay them off, but they are paying the bank interest for whatever reason.  This is beyond most peoples thought pattern on this forum as that is just a sin, but the lenders love it!

Message 80 of 177
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.