I Come To The Garden Alone

tag
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

Re: I Come To The Garden Alone

@RM21 😂😂😂😂😂😂
TCL= $172,800
6-7-16: EQ 683 EX 713 TU 715
10-12-16 EQ 685 EX 706 TU 702 12-19-16 EQ 683 EX 704 TU 701 and CHILLING ON ICE...BRRRRR!
In the garden as of 6-7-16, I've been really really BADDDDD Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Message 11 of 19
lokobo
Regular Contributor

It's so hard.  Get some hobbies like real gardening or pick up a new skill like a language or musical instrument.  If you get the itch, sometimes getting a new design on one of your current cards helps lol.

My greatest gardening success was between Dec 2011 and Jul 2015. I only had 1 credit card app and one inquiry for an apartment lease. I racked up 6 new accounts since then and trying to make it back into the garden, but it's hard. I just applied for the Blispay card despite already having two 2% back cards Smiley Sad

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

To put things in my personal perspective.....

6 months (in credit world) = 1 month (in my world)

Message 13 of 19
myjourney
Super Contributor

The best course of action is the one the GC was founded on (thanks Tin)

Join the GC 

Publicly state your goals 

Meet some new friends that share the same goals 

Hold each other accountable to achieve each others goals

I help you, you help me and we all stay garden strong and benefit 

To curb the urges seek SP CLI's work on any baddies or problem areas on CR's 

GC networking at it's best 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 14 of 19
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

The best course of action is the one the GC was founded on (thanks Tin)

Join the GC 

Publicly state your goals 

Meet some new friends that share the same goals 

Hold each other accountable to achieve each others goals

I help you, you help me and we all stay garden strong and benefit 

To curb the urges seek SP CLI's work on any baddies or problem areas on CR's 

GC networking at it's best 

Yes, goals.  I have set some.  I would really like to go 24 months without hard pulls, but some changes might require hard pulls.  It's the new accounts that hold the scores down.  Maybe you want a house or car?  Maybe some chase cards, that require you have less than five cards in 24 months?  Maybe just to reach a certain score?  Clean up your reports (that is how I started back in 2014).  Anything and everything is a goal in the garden (we have a few folks newlyweds or getting married).  Smiley Wink

Signature needs updating
Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The purpose of the garden is to learn descipline & the virtual of patience Smiley Happy

Discipline ok but I can tell you now patience is not in my vocabulary (LOL).  

Not a virtue of mine either, but I set a goal of six months because I wanted in with PenFed. Hit the goal and got approved. If I can do it, anybody can.

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Free snacks and beverages in the GC! New guys have to bring donuts though. Smiley Happy

As said, it's a supportive place to grow what you have.

If that were true, I'd be camped out in there! Smiley LOL

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Honestly, some people find gardening too difficult here and leave the site to avoid the temptation. For the rest, we try to be supportive of your goals. So, you should make some. Why are you gardening? Is it to move up to a new tier of card? Working on a mortgage? Improving scores? Find a reason to not app, and it becomes much easier. I worked on getting my baddies removed. Some people apply for SP CLIs. You can see if there are cards you don't use any more and prime them. Or, you can just sit tight. I like CK for gardening, because I can see weekly changes to my score. You used to get a great AAOA readout, but now it only updates every month. Regardless, most of gardening is waiting, so that when the right opportunity comes around, you're ready for it.
Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

^^ Agreed. Gardening without a plan is kinda pointless and self defeating IMO. You'll never know when you're done lol.
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.