Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Could Use Advise

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I Could Use Advise

Your scores/inquiry/balances on card/utilization are GOOD AT A CERTAIN MOMENT OF TIME and i believe if within a month all that needs to be applied for is applied than its two years before those inquiries are removed. yes i know it has less effect after a year but technically no one has proven as such. Underwriters at cc companies still get to see inquiries more than a year old.

Its one of the reasons many have "AppSpree" so they get all that they wanna apply for within a certain moment of time where the likelihood of getting in to that card whether its chase/citi/barclays/boa/sync is very good.

No one can tell what the future holds and circumstances beyond anyone's control is how credit gets damaged/bad. So i would hit it/apply when the iron is hot.

Its just how i think and after all its one man's opinion. 

Message 21 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did not unfreeze the EX.

But, I did call into Amex and spoke to them before I applied with them over the phone at the same time. I explained why I did the freeze, and that if EX was what they pulled then I wasn't interested at this time for their card. I know it was a little sarcastic of me at the time,  but they didn't tell me they couldn't proceed, in fact they were pretty nice about it and seemed to understand.

I did not get an instant approval, but didn't get a denial either. The rep said to check the status page after about an hour because the system said "In Progress". I checked before I went to bed and it still said "In Progress". I woke up this morning with an e-mail saying they were reviewing my information and to contact them. I just called, and they are doing exactly what Capital One Quicksilver needed. They want me to send/fax a photo of my driver license, SS Card, and a utility bill or bank statement for address verification. 

So, evidently they either don't just pull EX, or they are lenient enought to allow something other than just an EX pull for approval. Not saying in any way that I'm approved of course. But, I guess it helps to call first and explain what you are doing and why.

I've always been the type to not jump on the collective bandwagon and accept that there is only one way to accomplish any task. Sometimes to my own detriment. Ha Ha.

Message 22 of 25
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I did not unfreeze the EX.

But, I did call into Amex and spoke to them before I applied with them over the phone at the same time. I explained why I did the freeze, and that if EX was what they pulled then I wasn't interested at this time for their card. I know it was a little sarcastic of me at the time,  but they didn't tell me they couldn't proceed, in fact they were pretty nice about it and seemed to understand.

I did not get an instant approval, but didn't get a denial either. The rep said to check the status page after about an hour because the system said "In Progress". I checked before I went to bed and it still said "In Progress". I woke up this morning with an e-mail saying they were reviewing my information and to contact them. I just called, and they are doing exactly what Capital One Quicksilver needed. They want me to send/fax a photo of my driver license, SS Card, and a utility bill or bank statement for address verification. 

So, evidently they either don't just pull EX, or they are lenient enought to allow something other than just an EX pull for approval. Not saying in any way that I'm approved of course. But, I guess it helps to call first and explain what you are doing and why.

I've always been the type to not jump on the collective bandwagon and accept that there is only one way to accomplish any task. Sometimes to my own detriment. Ha Ha.

But, on the 19th, you claimed your ex score was higher?  It dropped between now and the 19th?

Signature needs updating
Message 23 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

A higher experian score doesn't change the Student Loan derogatory mark, so what does that have to do with anything. Please try and respond with helpful advise, and not pick at things that have no bearing on the subject at hand. I asked for advise, not someone to critique my credit file.

I mentioned that my EX score from EX was 639, and Chase Slate has it at 634. So, where in the world did you come up with my score was higher. This information was obtained Nov 23 from EX, and Nov 25 from CH Slate.

If I mentioned that at any time it was higher, it was from when I started to correct my file, not any current timeframe.

I beleive I have received all the advise I wish to read on this forum. Many thanks to all that replied and things are going great, just really want affirmation that I was doing the right things. I have been succesful in my task, and will use all the information and tools I've learned from all.

Message 24 of 25
Grafton88
Established Contributor

Ranger,

You not only look to be on the right track your post is an inspiration to others.  You went through your problem areas one by one and resolved them.  You have a good selection of cards and know how and when to use them.

I can only add best wishes on your future endevors.

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.