Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Finally Applied For Amex Gold

tag
BullsEye10
New Contributor

Re: I Finally Applied For Amex Gold

OP:

As your scores are a bit higher than mine, can I ask some personal questions?

1.  What is your AAoA (oldest account at least); and

2.  What is you annual income?

Thanks

AMEX Platinum - NPSL (Approved for $75,000.00)
AMEX Gold Business - NPSL
Chase Sapphire Preferred ($22,500.00)
Bank of America Cash Rewards ($5,000.00) - Sock Drawer
Discover ($4,500.00) - Sock Drawer
Capital One Venture ($7,500) - Sock Drawer
Message 51 of 84
FicoTron
Established Contributor

@espnjunkie wrote:

Try not to get yourself stuck in the credit rat race of always wanting a 'better' card and never being content. I found myself initially wishing that I had applied for gold/pr gold after being accepted for the green card. Ask yourself whether you truly need a particular card. I would suggest going for the green because the first year's annual fee is waived so you can try the product out for a year risk free. Some cards will work better than others for each individual. If you are not booking airfare very regularly then PR Gold won't likely benefit you all that much for 175.00 per year. green/gold/pr gold/plat all will offer you the exact same spending power (npsl) and the only differences are in the secondary benefits you receive. I'd say apply for green, test drive an amex charge card for a year and then decide if you want to apply for something else, keep it, or ditch amex all together

I already applied and got the gold, it is what I wanted. The PR Gold would have been ice for 2X gas, and the sign up points. I could have gotten the first year waived then PC down to regular gold. But I am perfectly happy with the gold.
EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 52 of 84
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

Congrats on the approval. For me I couldn't picture myself really using the few additional gold card benefits very much right now so the 30.00 would have been mostly wasted. Gold card seats to sporting events, while good seats, are expensive. I tend to plan my own trips so gold card destinations was pretty meh for me as well at this point. YMMV of course. I can see myself applying for the platinum card in a year or two though.

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Citi Prestige World Elite Mastercard ($35,000.00), Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), Chase Ink Business Bold (NPSL)
TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EX (Plus) - 777 (10/21/2013)
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 53 of 84
FicoTron
Established Contributor

Yeah the seats are more expensive, and even more expensive when I re sell them on eBay.
EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 54 of 84
FicoTron
Established Contributor

Just glad to be a member. It's been a long road.
EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 55 of 84
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

+1 hahaha I have resold plenty of tickets on stubhub for sports events and concerts. I buy a bunch of tickets in advance and if I can't go I try to ditch them and make a bit on the side.

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Citi Prestige World Elite Mastercard ($35,000.00), Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), Chase Ink Business Bold (NPSL)
TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 56 of 84
FicoTron
Established Contributor

You can make more than a bit if you are good at it. At least the annual fee. I just wonder if they have some rule where you have to show the card at the venue or something.
EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 57 of 84
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

It really depends on what the event is. For example I saw that Chicago Bulls tickets for Amex gold cardholders were 350.00 a piece. At that price idk if you can really resell them for much of a profit. Plus so many people are already amex cardholders that the 'presales' for events likely do not give you much of an advantage. If ticketmaster would give you 2X or 3X points on ticket purchases instead of the relatively useless 'ticket savings center' then it would be a great deal.

TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 58 of 84
FicoTron
Established Contributor

Can't wait til the card arrives. Does it usually take the whole 10 days? Anyone get theirs sooner?
EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 59 of 84
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Congrats! I remember how great it felt to see that "Congratulations, you're an Amex member..." pop up when I apped! Smiley Happy

I got my Zync 1 week to the day after I was approved and my Costco 1 day later, so you should expect for it to be about a week for your shiny, new Amex to be in your mailbox! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 60 of 84
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.