Re: I Finally Applied For Amex Gold

Smiley Very Happy
Message 62 of 84
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@FicoTron wrote:
Did you get your EX score with the crd?

No, I was so disappointed. The Zync doesn't come w/score, since it's a charge (unless maybe you get $500 hard limit). And for some reason Costco doesn't come w/FICO either! All Costco Amex have the same interest rate, so even tho I got a low CL, people said that I didn't get FICO because I got their "best terms" in regards to the interest rate. I still have no idea what my EX FICO Is. I was too afraid to call Amex and ask them because of all of the talk here about FRs, and most people said that when they called, Amex wouldn't give it to them.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 63 of 84
TapDancer324
New Contributor

@FicoTron wrote:

after telling the rep all of my information the rep replied....Well sir, I have excellent news for you today, welcome to American Express and congratulations on being approved for the Gold card. 

All of my hard work the past two years has just begun to come to fruition.  And I have noone else to thank than these forums, other than myself for being patient and calculating.  When I get the card in 7-10 days, its celebration time.

Yaaay, FicoTron!  Congrats!  My own app was successful 2 weeks ago, and you kindly congratulated me... and now here we are again. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 534 EQ FICO: 10/11
Current Score: 727 EQ FICO; 717 TU FICO (per Lending Club) As of 6/1/14; ??? EX :
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 64 of 84
TBOY012
Valued Member

Congrats Tron, Hopefully one day I will be able to join the Amex family... For now I have my Amex prepaid.. Smiley LOL

Message 65 of 84
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@TBOY012 wrote:

Congrats Tron, Hopefully one day I will be able to join the Amex family... For now I have my Amex prepaid.. Smiley LOL

How does your EX file look?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 66 of 84
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

I don't know how I managed to miss seeing this thread earlier, but please accept a belated

Congratulations!!!

And welcome to the Amex family! Smiley Very Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 67 of 84
FicoTron
Established Contributor

Thanks guys. I am elated to say the least. Cannot wait to get the card in my hand.
EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 68 of 84
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@FicoTron wrote:
Thanks guys. I am elated to say the least. Cannot wait to get the card in my hand.

You should have it very soon!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 69 of 84
FicoTron
Established Contributor

When it does you can all expect the new thread entitled, "My Amex Gold Has Arrived!".
EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 70 of 84
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.