Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Fired First Premier Today!

tag
mross1080
Established Contributor

I Fired First Premier Today!

Title says it all called and fired them and it felt great! Had it for a year and havent used it for 6 months except to pay the 7 dollar fee to have a crappy limit with them. They hung up the phone on me twice when I told the rep I wanted to cancel. They said they had to transfer me but they hung up. I was persistant and it felt great! Sorry for ranting about it just so happy to finally be free. They did really help me with my rebuilding but I was always a worry to me every month wondering what trick they were going to try to play on me to get more money. I got approved for Zync over the weekend and  out with the old. No more applying for a while I have way to much. Just need a discover and Ive meet all my credit goals! And by the way I was approved for the amex and they pulled experian which I dont know what my score is but it cant be more than a 630 or 640 due to having a 6 year old verizon collection that was fraud and experian wont remove it so its the waiting game for 11 more months. My other reports are 100 percent clean and only 11 months credit history.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: I Fired First Premier Today!

Super Congrats of getting rid of them and getting a pretty white Amex

Message 2 of 8
mross1080
Established Contributor

Thanks! I had no idea when I started my credit building last sept I could go from nothing to all I have gotten so far. Its amazing and thanks for all the great info ive recieved from this board!

Message 3 of 8
FicoScore626
Frequent Contributor

Everytime someone fires First Premier Bank we should have a party and myFICO should foot the bill. Smiley Very Happy Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 8
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@FicoScore626 wrote:

Everytime someone fires First Premier Bank we should have a party and myFICO should foot the bill. Smiley Very Happy Smiley Wink

Everytime someone wants to apply for a First Premier we should have an intervention. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 8
mross1080
Established Contributor

I agree in the last year Ive used the card about 3 times and charged no more than 100 dollars and have paid more in start up costs and fees than the actually crappy limit was and not to even think of the 2 hard pulls with them. Yes not only do they charger you for a cli fee but they do a hard pull for it!

Message 6 of 8
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@mross1080 wrote:

I agree in the last year Ive used the card about 3 times and charged no more than 100 dollars and have paid more in start up costs and fees than the actually crappy limit was and not to even think of the 2 hard pulls with them. Yes not only do they charger you for a cli fee but they do a hard pull for it!

You could had gotten a secured card for the same money and gotten most of it back at the end.  

Recently, someone started a thread recommending this card.   I had to rebut.

Message 7 of 8
mross1080
Established Contributor

When I got the card I knew nothing and a couple of months in I started reading this forum and realized my mistake but figured to stick it out a bit since it was my first account. I open the FP and 2 weeks later I opened a secured card with Orchard and Applied bank which I still have both but dont use except for netflix subscription on one and scorewatch on other. As long as I dont have to pay any fees or can get them waived ill hang onto them for another year. I do want to slim down on CC's though I now have with the Zync 14 credit card accts all from the last year.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.