Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Got It!!!

tag
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

Re: I Got It!!!

What are your scores?  You might not qualify for any of the other revolvers.  Best to just wait until your above 700 on all reports to ask for a product change, but if you're not there yet, it sounds like you will be soon.

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 31
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Please, please, please read the innumerable posts about AmEx made over the last several months. Things have changed! It's not smart to immediately request a product change and try to wangle CLI's.

Just use the card you have, enjoy the rewards that come with it, PIF every month, no matter what, keep all your other CC balances low and paid timely, and let your Delta cook for a year before initiating anything. If they grant you a CLI sooner, great. But no one these days should poke a stick at the sleeping AmEx dragon. Too many other singed people out there from trying this!

That's what these forums are for --read about others' experiences and profit from them. Congrats on your new card, and good luck.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 12 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

CONGRATS!  You are now a member of the Amex Society!   You're in,  baby. Smiley Very Happy 

In spite of all the  bad mouthing AMEX gets, it is still a desired card.  Happy shopping.
Message 13 of 31
shyboy
Frequent Contributor

hi everyone, when i was approved for this card, they pulled EX with a score of 650 and about 55 total credit usage. This was my 4th time and im finally in.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Getting back in the credit game after major setbacks
Message 14 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also just got my delta gold yesterday and was thinking of converting to amex blue.  But sounds like we need to wait for awhile.  My cl was only 2k so can't complain. 
Message 15 of 31
shyboy
Frequent Contributor

hi. can you convert the delta to the gold charge card. Im going 2 wait a year before i convert. But my question is can i convert from a regular card to a charge card. Thanks

I dont really see the benefits of having the delta beside it is one of the easiest card to get from amex and is a good look on your profile.

Im thinking about applying for a discover card and if i get denial again i will recon saying if their top enemy amex can give me a card, why can't they.

Im only 19 so i dont fight, i just go to school and work. LOL whats the benefits of have the delta at my age???

Message Edited by shyboy on 07-27-2008 09:03 PM
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Getting back in the credit game after major setbacks
Message 16 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Shyboy, Did you have any baddies when they approved you for the card?
Message 17 of 31
shyboy
Frequent Contributor

no my credit is clean. I have about 1 and 7 months credit history, never missed a payment, i just have alot of inquires (about 12). Hopes this helps
Message 18 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

shyboy wrote:
hi. can you convert the delta to the gold charge card. Im going 2 wait a year before i convert. But my question is can i convert from a regular card to a charge card. Thanks

No, you cannot convert from a charge card to a credit card or vice versa, unless you have been an Amex cardholder for many years.

It really makes no sense to apply for a card you don't want or need.  As others have posted earlier in the thread, now that you have the card, the best thing you can do is keep it for a while, even if the Delta SkyMiles are of no use to you.  It is AF-free for the first year anyway.

If you got the Gold Delta, you almost certainly could have gotten the Green charge card instead, if it's Membership Rewards points you wanted.

Reasearch, research, research before you apply.

Message 19 of 31
afijunkie
Contributor

Congrats on the Amex Delta card! I got mine 6 months ago with a 2k limit. I have kept the balance somewhat low and paid on time every month since. I hope to ask for a CLI in another 6 months. Enjoy your card, let it grow on you.

Oh by the way is it better to PIF with Amex? this is my first amex card
Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.