Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I HATE ORCHARD

tag
cinnamongirl
Contributor

Re: I HATE ORCHARD

interesting---- 

this is exactly what I've done for the past 5 years! Charge, pay, leave a little balance, charge, pay most..... and my CL has gone from $300 to $400 in FIVE years.

Message 31 of 34
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@cinnamongirl wrote:

re: Secured Cards---

Do they really report just like an unsecured card?? I always assumed (you know what happens when you do that....) that they reported as a different type and therefore red-flag!

For scoring they are looked at the same way.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 32 of 34
p-
Valued Contributor

@cinnamongirl wrote:

interesting---- 

this is exactly what I've done for the past 5 years! Charge, pay, leave a little balance, charge, pay most..... and my CL has gone from $300 to $400 in FIVE years.

maybe they don't like you...  lol.  Have you asked for CLI?  They only gave me one for free, all the rest I had to ask for.

Message 33 of 34
Client9
Regular Contributor

back in 2005, I had scores in the low 500's.  Orchard took a chance with me and gave me a $400 limit.  Now my scores are 778 and 815 as of 11-4-11.  My limit is $3600 on my Orchard Silver card.  Not sure how I got that high of a limit, but the card grew and has seemed to top out.  

I still pay the $35 a year as a reminder of those bad times and to never let things happen to my credit score.  Don't be mad at orchard, be mad at yourself and your not so ideal credit situation.  

I still where the Guess watch from Crown Jewelers back in the days they reported a credit line.  

Message 34 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.