Did you mean: 

I Hate Postal Service Holidays!!!

tag
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

Re: I Hate Postal Service Holidays!!!

@BornSupercharged wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:
Yea but thats 1 day less you can expect the plastic in the mailbox..........Smiley Sad

Smiley Very Happy Perhaps you could look at it as a free lesson on patience. The USPS is helping you prepare for gardening mode by building your ability to wait patiently 2 days before receiving your new cards hahaha.

Bah.  I have been in the Garden for like 7.45 years with only a store card and Cap One Cash rewards app last year as exceptions.  I want my mail on saturday!!!
 Smiley Tongue

Seriously though, look at it as a day none of us will get a bill!  yayy!!

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 11 of 23
RSCo
Established Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

I know what you mean...did you ever call best buy?

Hey there... I did.. They wanted to verify all kinds of data which they did.. The lady then forwarded my call to another department were they said they were not able to pull up my app, and I would have to wait 7-10 days for postal mail.. 

These people are simply nuts.. I've been a cap one credit card customer for 13 years, have a checking account with them and a 30k brokerage account with them..  For some reason they have me on 2 credit card products were they do not allow for customer initiated CLI requests... Both of these cards have a 300.00 and 500.00 credit limit, they've been at this level since I got them... I've NEVER been late on anything of them, never a negative mark against my cap one checking account and have had 30k parked in their brokerage account.. I'm completely mystified as to why the will not raise these credit limits OR approval a best buy card.. I've even talked to a branch manager with whom I meet and I showed her my brokerage statement from cap one and from trowe price with a combined 141k value.. She simply said that the cc products that I'm on does not allow for customer initiated cli requests and I would have to just wait for cap one to raise them automatically, but provided no criteria they follow that would trigger an increase.. So I left there quite pissed.. I then thought I would apply for a completely new cap one card, so I did and was immediately declined BECAUSE THEY DON"T ALLOW you to have more than 2 cap one credit cards of the same product... WOW...  So, If I close these out all together, then I lose 13yr credit history and aging.. I'm stuck...

I finally sent a letter to the CEO last week and make it very clear to him that I'm pulling my 30k out of my cap one brokerage account that's been parked there and I would NOT BE transferring in the 111k i have with another brokerage and I would simply just cancel all cap one business... I would simply shut everything down.. I received a call from his executive assistant within 2 hours of my email. She is going to present my info to underwriters.. No promises were made, except my promise to her that I'm transferring out my money and closing my accounts if they are not interested in growing the relationship..  Nothing really surprises me, but all of this has simply stunned me.. I cant imagine more examples of how to run off and to NOT attract customers than what I've gone thru with them.. It's stunning when I read all these folks with scores in the mid 600s with multiple cap one credit cards and capital one issued stored cards.. I've never had one negative mark with cap one across any of my accounts with them, ever..

Sorry so long..  But will let you know what they say Smiley Happy Smiley Happy 

btw - i just opened a new savings and checking account with Pentagon Federal Credit Union this morning.. I'm sure they will see the inquiry when they do yet another hard pull on my credit report when the cap one underwriters review my request..

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 12 of 23
RSCo
Established Contributor

@BornSupercharged wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:
Yea but thats 1 day less you can expect the plastic in the mailbox..........Smiley Sad

Smiley Very Happy Perhaps you could look at it as a free lesson on patience. The USPS is helping you prepare for gardening mode by building your ability to wait patiently 2 days before receiving your new cards hahaha.

LOL... Uh, HUH!!

Message 13 of 23
RSCo
Established Contributor

@Pilotdude wrote:

@BornSupercharged wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

Bah.  I have been in the Garden for like 7.45 years with only a store card and Cap One Cash rewards app last year as exceptions.  I want my mail on saturday!!!
 Smiley Tongue

Seriously though, look at it as a day none of us will get a bill!  yayy!!

I hear ya.. I was in the garden for the past 6 years to until just recently when I applied for 7 new accounts...Then it became addicting when I kept getting approved.. I'm just building a more divirsified credit profile now.. hehe.. Smiley Wink

Message 14 of 23
myjourney
Super Contributor

@RSCo wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

I know what you mean...did you ever call best buy?

Hey there... I did.. They wanted to verify all kinds of data which they did.. The lady then forwarded my call to another department were they said they were not able to pull up my app, and I would have to wait 7-10 days for postal mail.. 

These people are simply nuts.. I've been a cap one credit card customer for 13 years, have a checking account with them and a 30k brokerage account with them..  For some reason they have me on 2 credit card products were they do not allow for customer initiated CLI requests... Both of these cards have a 300.00 and 500.00 credit limit, they've been at this level since I got them... I've NEVER been late on anything of them, never a negative mark against my cap one checking account and have had 30k parked in their brokerage account.. I'm completely mystified as to why the will not raise these credit limits OR approval a best buy card.. I've even talked to a branch manager with whom I meet and I showed her my brokerage statement from cap one and from trowe price with a combined 141k value.. She simply said that the cc products that I'm on does not allow for customer initiated cli requests and I would have to just wait for cap one to raise them automatically, but provided no criteria they follow that would trigger an increase.. So I left there quite pissed.. I then thought I would apply for a completely new cap one card, so I did and was immediately declined BECAUSE THEY DON"T ALLOW you to have more than 2 cap one credit cards of the same product... WOW...  So, If I close these out all together, then I lose 13yr credit history and aging.. I'm stuck...

I finally sent a letter to the CEO last week and make it very clear to him that I'm pulling my 30k out of my cap one brokerage account that's been parked there and I would NOT BE transferring in the 111k i have with another brokerage and I would simply just cancel all cap one business... I would simply shut everything down.. I received a call from his executive assistant within 2 hours of my email. She is going to present my info to underwriters.. No promises were made, except my promise to her that I'm transferring out my money and closing my accounts if they are not interested in growing the relationship..  Nothing really surprises me, but all of this has simply stunned me.. I cant imagine more examples of how to run off and to NOT attract customers than what I've gone thru with them.. It's stunning when I read all these folks with scores in the mid 600s with multiple cap one credit cards and capital one issued stored cards.. I've never had one negative mark with cap one across any of my accounts with them, ever..

Sorry so long..  But will let you know what they say Smiley Happy Smiley Happy 

btw - i just opened a new savings and checking account with Pentagon Federal Credit Union this morning.. I'm sure they will see the inquiry when they do yet another hard pull on my credit report when the cap one underwriters review my request..

So you did use the email i gave you good trust me they don't want to lose anymore customers and you will see some results i think and its a SP....congrats on the pentagon

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 15 of 23
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@RSCo wrote:

Means no cards can be delivered.......  Lol Smiley Happy

OMG! Here I thought I was just some sort of obsessive loon with no life because I so eagerly await my new cards (in this case awaiting my very first Amex).

But you guys are SO much like me!

Um ... does that mean you're all obsessive loons with no lives? Or does that mean I'm in good company? Smiley LOL

Message 16 of 23
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Gunnar419 wrote:

@RSCo wrote:

Means no cards can be delivered.......  Lol Smiley Happy

OMG! Here I thought I was just some sort of obsessive loon with no life because I so eagerly await my new cards (in this case awaiting my very first Amex).

But you guys are SO much like me!

Um ... does that mean you're all obsessive loons with no lives? Or does that mean I'm in good company? Smiley LOL

You ever get real heated because your card wasnt in the mail?? Smiley Very Happy

@Anonymous in the house WHAT THE #$%^ THIS IS SOME @#$%^&* Smiley Surprised

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 17 of 23
myjourney
Super Contributor

You ever get real heated because your card wasnt in the mail?? Smiley Very Happy

Go in the house WHAT THE #$%^ THIS IS SOME @#$%^&* Smiley Surprised

Yesterday as a matter of fact the good thing tho no bills either Lol

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 18 of 23
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

Smiley Embarassed No, I stick with just feeling rejected or worrying that vandals have intercepted my card in the mail and are off to Brazil or someplace to use it.

Well, that and wondering what I'll do with the whole next LONG day before the mailman comes again and I have another chance at getting my new card.

It may be straightjacket time once the USPS quits Saturday delivery and we have a Monday holiday.

Message 19 of 23
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

Yesterday as a matter of fact the good thing tho no bills either Lol

Come home from a bad day at work and see the mailman putting the mail in the box,look in there and no card. Look at the mailman like

stepbrothers paint.jpg

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.