Reply
Established Contributor
Pilotdude
Posts: 955
Registered: ‎02-02-2013

Re: I Hate Postal Service Holidays!!!


BornSupercharged wrote:

LS2982 wrote:
Yea but thats 1 day less you can expect the plastic in the mailbox..........:smileysad:

:smileyvery-happy: Perhaps you could look at it as a free lesson on patience. The USPS is helping you prepare for gardening mode by building your ability to wait patiently 2 days before receiving your new cards hahaha.


Bah.  I have been in the Garden for like 7.45 years with only a store card and Cap One Cash rewards app last year as exceptions.  I want my mail on saturday!!!
 :smileytongue:

 

Seriously though, look at it as a day none of us will get a bill!  yayy!!


NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Frequent Contributor
RSCo
Posts: 472
Registered: ‎02-11-2013

Re: I Hate Postal Service Holidays!!!


myjourney wrote:

I know what you mean...did you ever call best buy?


Hey there... I did.. They wanted to verify all kinds of data which they did.. The lady then forwarded my call to another department were they said they were not able to pull up my app, and I would have to wait 7-10 days for postal mail.. 

 

These people are simply nuts.. I've been a cap one credit card customer for 13 years, have a checking account with them and a 30k brokerage account with them..  For some reason they have me on 2 credit card products were they do not allow for customer initiated CLI requests... Both of these cards have a 300.00 and 500.00 credit limit, they've been at this level since I got them... I've NEVER been late on anything of them, never a negative mark against my cap one checking account and have had 30k parked in their brokerage account.. I'm completely mystified as to why the will not raise these credit limits OR approval a best buy card.. I've even talked to a branch manager with whom I meet and I showed her my brokerage statement from cap one and from trowe price with a combined 141k value.. She simply said that the cc products that I'm on does not allow for customer initiated cli requests and I would have to just wait for cap one to raise them automatically, but provided no criteria they follow that would trigger an increase.. So I left there quite pissed.. I then thought I would apply for a completely new cap one card, so I did and was immediately declined BECAUSE THEY DON"T ALLOW you to have more than 2 cap one credit cards of the same product... WOW...  So, If I close these out all together, then I lose 13yr credit history and aging.. I'm stuck...

 

I finally sent a letter to the CEO last week and make it very clear to him that I'm pulling my 30k out of my cap one brokerage account that's been parked there and I would NOT BE transferring in the 111k i have with another brokerage and I would simply just cancel all cap one business... I would simply shut everything down.. I received a call from his executive assistant within 2 hours of my email. She is going to present my info to underwriters.. No promises were made, except my promise to her that I'm transferring out my money and closing my accounts if they are not interested in growing the relationship..  Nothing really surprises me, but all of this has simply stunned me.. I cant imagine more examples of how to run off and to NOT attract customers than what I've gone thru with them.. It's stunning when I read all these folks with scores in the mid 600s with multiple cap one credit cards and capital one issued stored cards.. I've never had one negative mark with cap one across any of my accounts with them, ever..

 

Sorry so long..  But will let you know what they say :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: 

 

btw - i just opened a new savings and checking account with Pentagon Federal Credit Union this morning.. I'm sure they will see the inquiry when they do yet another hard pull on my credit report when the cap one underwriters review my request..

 

Citi Hilton Honors: $25,000 -- Amex PRG: $NPSL -- Citi TY Premier World: $9,880 -- NWFCU: $7,500 -- Citi Home Depot: $7,000 -- Citi AAdvantage Platinum Visa Sig: $5,000 -- Visa Black Card: $5,000 -- Discover IT: $5,000 -- AmexTrueEarnings: $5,000 -- Amex Gold Delta: $4,500 -- Pottery Barn: $4,000 -- Ethan AllenGE: $4000 -- Chase Slate: $2,500 -- CapOne Platinum: $2,500 -- CapOne Platinum: $2,500 -- AmazonGE: $2,200 -- Barclays BJs: $1,800 -- WalmartGE: $1,500 -- PenFed LOC: $500
Frequent Contributor
RSCo
Posts: 472
Registered: ‎02-11-2013

Re: I Hate Postal Service Holidays!!!


BornSupercharged wrote:

LS2982 wrote:
Yea but thats 1 day less you can expect the plastic in the mailbox..........:smileysad:

:smileyvery-happy: Perhaps you could look at it as a free lesson on patience. The USPS is helping you prepare for gardening mode by building your ability to wait patiently 2 days before receiving your new cards hahaha.


LOL... Uh, HUH!!

 

Citi Hilton Honors: $25,000 -- Amex PRG: $NPSL -- Citi TY Premier World: $9,880 -- NWFCU: $7,500 -- Citi Home Depot: $7,000 -- Citi AAdvantage Platinum Visa Sig: $5,000 -- Visa Black Card: $5,000 -- Discover IT: $5,000 -- AmexTrueEarnings: $5,000 -- Amex Gold Delta: $4,500 -- Pottery Barn: $4,000 -- Ethan AllenGE: $4000 -- Chase Slate: $2,500 -- CapOne Platinum: $2,500 -- CapOne Platinum: $2,500 -- AmazonGE: $2,200 -- Barclays BJs: $1,800 -- WalmartGE: $1,500 -- PenFed LOC: $500
Frequent Contributor
RSCo
Posts: 472
Registered: ‎02-11-2013

Re: I Hate Postal Service Holidays!!!


Pilotdude wrote:

BornSupercharged wrote:

LS2982 wrote:
Yea but thats 1 day less you can expect the plastic in the mailbox..........:smileysad:

:smileyvery-happy: Perhaps you could look at it as a free lesson on patience. The USPS is helping you prepare for gardening mode by building your ability to wait patiently 2 days before receiving your new cards hahaha.


Bah.  I have been in the Garden for like 7.45 years with only a store card and Cap One Cash rewards app last year as exceptions.  I want my mail on saturday!!!
 :smileytongue:

 

Seriously though, look at it as a day none of us will get a bill!  yayy!!


I hear ya.. I was in the garden for the past 6 years to until just recently when I applied for 7 new accounts...Then it became addicting when I kept getting approved.. I'm just building a more divirsified credit profile now.. hehe.. :smileywink:

 

Citi Hilton Honors: $25,000 -- Amex PRG: $NPSL -- Citi TY Premier World: $9,880 -- NWFCU: $7,500 -- Citi Home Depot: $7,000 -- Citi AAdvantage Platinum Visa Sig: $5,000 -- Visa Black Card: $5,000 -- Discover IT: $5,000 -- AmexTrueEarnings: $5,000 -- Amex Gold Delta: $4,500 -- Pottery Barn: $4,000 -- Ethan AllenGE: $4000 -- Chase Slate: $2,500 -- CapOne Platinum: $2,500 -- CapOne Platinum: $2,500 -- AmazonGE: $2,200 -- Barclays BJs: $1,800 -- WalmartGE: $1,500 -- PenFed LOC: $500
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney
Posts: 25,277
Registered: ‎02-07-2013

Re: I Hate Postal Service Holidays!!!

[ Edited ]

RSCo wrote:

myjourney wrote:

I know what you mean...did you ever call best buy?


Hey there... I did.. They wanted to verify all kinds of data which they did.. The lady then forwarded my call to another department were they said they were not able to pull up my app, and I would have to wait 7-10 days for postal mail.. 

 

These people are simply nuts.. I've been a cap one credit card customer for 13 years, have a checking account with them and a 30k brokerage account with them..  For some reason they have me on 2 credit card products were they do not allow for customer initiated CLI requests... Both of these cards have a 300.00 and 500.00 credit limit, they've been at this level since I got them... I've NEVER been late on anything of them, never a negative mark against my cap one checking account and have had 30k parked in their brokerage account.. I'm completely mystified as to why the will not raise these credit limits OR approval a best buy card.. I've even talked to a branch manager with whom I meet and I showed her my brokerage statement from cap one and from trowe price with a combined 141k value.. She simply said that the cc products that I'm on does not allow for customer initiated cli requests and I would have to just wait for cap one to raise them automatically, but provided no criteria they follow that would trigger an increase.. So I left there quite pissed.. I then thought I would apply for a completely new cap one card, so I did and was immediately declined BECAUSE THEY DON"T ALLOW you to have more than 2 cap one credit cards of the same product... WOW...  So, If I close these out all together, then I lose 13yr credit history and aging.. I'm stuck...

 

I finally sent a letter to the CEO last week and make it very clear to him that I'm pulling my 30k out of my cap one brokerage account that's been parked there and I would NOT BE transferring in the 111k i have with another brokerage and I would simply just cancel all cap one business... I would simply shut everything down.. I received a call from his executive assistant within 2 hours of my email. She is going to present my info to underwriters.. No promises were made, except my promise to her that I'm transferring out my money and closing my accounts if they are not interested in growing the relationship..  Nothing really surprises me, but all of this has simply stunned me.. I cant imagine more examples of how to run off and to NOT attract customers than what I've gone thru with them.. It's stunning when I read all these folks with scores in the mid 600s with multiple cap one credit cards and capital one issued stored cards.. I've never had one negative mark with cap one across any of my accounts with them, ever..

 

Sorry so long..  But will let you know what they say :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: 

 

btw - i just opened a new savings and checking account with Pentagon Federal Credit Union this morning.. I'm sure they will see the inquiry when they do yet another hard pull on my credit report when the cap one underwriters review my request..

 


So you did use the email i gave you good trust me they don't want to lose anymore customers and you will see some results i think and its a SP....congrats on the pentagon

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Cap1 EO link below
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Capital+One+CEO+email+address+#seen
Last 5 apps 6/6/13
Valued Contributor
Gunnar419
Posts: 1,119
Registered: ‎01-23-2013

Re: I Hate Postal Service Holidays!!!


RSCo wrote:

Means no cards can be delivered.......  Lol :smileyhappy:


OMG! Here I thought I was just some sort of obsessive loon with no life because I so eagerly await my new cards (in this case awaiting my very first Amex).

 

But you guys are SO much like me!

 

Um ... does that mean you're all obsessive loons with no lives? Or does that mean I'm in good company? :smileylol:

 

Mega Contributor
LS2982
Posts: 15,434
Registered: ‎04-09-2011

Re: I Hate Postal Service Holidays!!!


Gunnar419 wrote:

RSCo wrote:

Means no cards can be delivered.......  Lol :smileyhappy:


OMG! Here I thought I was just some sort of obsessive loon with no life because I so eagerly await my new cards (in this case awaiting my very first Amex).

 

But you guys are SO much like me!

 

Um ... does that mean you're all obsessive loons with no lives? Or does that mean I'm in good company? :smileylol:

 


You ever get real heated because your card wasnt in the mail?? :smileyvery-happy:

 

Go in the house WHAT THE #$%^ THIS IS SOME @#$%^&* :smileysurprised:

 




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney
Posts: 25,277
Registered: ‎02-07-2013

Re: I Hate Postal Service Holidays!!!


You ever get real heated because your card wasnt in the mail?? :smileyvery-happy:

 

Go in the house WHAT THE #$%^ THIS IS SOME @#$%^&* :smileysurprised:

 


Yesterday as a matter of fact the good thing tho no bills either Lol

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Cap1 EO link below
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Capital+One+CEO+email+address+#seen
Last 5 apps 6/6/13
Valued Contributor
Gunnar419
Posts: 1,119
Registered: ‎01-23-2013

Re: I Hate Postal Service Holidays!!!


LS2982 wrote:

You ever get real heated because your card wasnt in the mail?? :smileyvery-happy:

 

Go in the house WHAT THE #$%^ THIS IS SOME @#$%^&* :smileysurprised:

 


 

:smileyembarrassed: No, I stick with just feeling rejected or worrying that vandals have intercepted my card in the mail and are off to Brazil or someplace to use it.

 

Well, that and wondering what I'll do with the whole next LONG day before the mailman comes again and I have another chance at getting my new card.

 

It may be straightjacket time once the USPS quits Saturday delivery and we have a Monday holiday.

Mega Contributor
LS2982
Posts: 15,434
Registered: ‎04-09-2011

Re: I Hate Postal Service Holidays!!!


myjourney wrote:

You ever get real heated because your card wasnt in the mail?? :smileyvery-happy:

 

Go in the house WHAT THE #$%^ THIS IS SOME @#$%^&* :smileysurprised:

 


Yesterday as a matter of fact the good thing tho no bills either Lol


Come home from a bad day at work and see the mailman putting the mail in the box,look in there and no card. Look at the mailman like

 

stepbrothers paint.jpg

 




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+