Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Just Survived an Amex FR!!!

tag
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Re: I Just Survived an Amex FR!!!

@Anonymous wrote:

On Tuesday morning, I checked the Amex website and noticed that my credit cards were suspended. I called and spoke to nice young lady named Kim and she said she needed to update some information. After giving her the updated information, she said my account was under review and that I needed to send her 3 bank statements. This morning, I received an email stating that they are giving me a hard limit of 3k on my PRG. The other two cards credit lines remained the same. Hopefully, I won't have to go through this again.

Congrats on your survival!

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 11 of 22
theBeardedNerd
Regular Contributor

Thanks!

Currently in My Wallet:

Auto Loan:

Personal Line of Credit:

Future Credit Cards:

Message 12 of 22
theBeardedNerd
Regular Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

only 3 bank statements is a VERY light FR but congrats at making it through!

It might have been a light FR, but it was a little scary hearing her say Financial Review

Currently in My Wallet:

Auto Loan:

Personal Line of Credit:

Future Credit Cards:

Message 13 of 22
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

I purchased some suits and it went over the limit. My BCE has a 1k limit and I spent $1800. I mad a payment 3 or 4 days to pay it off. It wasn't that bad. I couldn't use my cards for 3 days. Luckily I have some other cards I could have used if needed. She never said said anything about Ina's or new accounts (they approved me for 2 cards last Friday/Saturday).

Just curious, why use your lower limit BCE when you had a PRG?  Did you need to to meet a spend?

Message 14 of 22
theBeardedNerd
Regular Contributor

I used my BCE on February 27th to make the purchase of my suits. My PRG and Hilton HHononrs didn't arrive until Monday and Tuesday of this week. 

Currently in My Wallet:

Auto Loan:

Personal Line of Credit:

Future Credit Cards:

Message 15 of 22
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

I used my BCE on February 27th to make the purchase of my suits. My PRG and Hilton HHononrs didn't arrive until Monday and Tuesday of this week. 

Any indication on how long the hard limit will be on your PRG?

Message 16 of 22
enharu
Super Contributor

@tyler84098 wrote:

I am going through the exact same thing right now with my BCE and Gold Delta. I sent over the statements on Wednesday at 4 and still haven't heard back as of today. My rep's hours are 6a-2p T-F. So I probably won't hear anything until Tuesday now. Very frustrating, I found out the hard way when I had to buy something Wednesday morning and both cards declined. Its really embarrassing to have your AMEX cards decline as most people will think its (your) problem.

As far as what triggered my review was that I paid someone using their Square card reader and AMEX labelled it as a "cash tansaction." She said that its against their "business policy" to allow these transactions. I haven't even had the cards open for a month now and I am going through this. I am contemplating just closing the accounts because of this.

To be honest with everyone, I was using my Gold Delta everyday and was going to start using my BCE. I had actually gone down to one other CC in my wallet (a MC, in case AMEX isn't accepted) and had I not had my MC, I would have been screwed. The response from my rep when I told her this, her response was along the lines of "not our problem." Imagine if I was on vacation or something and these were the ONLY cards I have.

Side note: I sent over my bank statements as well as a print out of my current account balances as of yesterday and they are well over what my combined AMEX limits are. Plus, my Delta balance at the time of the review was 450/3500 and BCE 0/4000.

Well most banks will suspend or close out cards immediately once they need to review your account or take adverse action.

No one is stupid enough to notify the customer ahead of time. What's to prevent the customer from going on a rage spending binge and then refusing to pay the bills simply because he's pissed off? This is why it is always important to diversify, and to also bring cash. Regardless of where you go or what you are doing, you need some cash on you at the very least.

@OP, it may have to do with the multiple payments you made on top of the new accounts that you just got. Sometimes lenders just want to verify your financials when you are aggressively seeking credit

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 17 of 22
theBeardedNerd
Regular Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The lady working my account won't be in until Sunday, so I will call her then. I called and asked if they could lift the suspension, because is headed out of town in the morning. 

Currently in My Wallet:

Auto Loan:

Personal Line of Credit:

Future Credit Cards:

Message 18 of 22
enharu
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The lady working my account won't be in until Sunday, so I will call her then. I called and asked if they could lift the suspension, because is headed out of town in the morning. 

chances are they will not lift the hard limit for at least 3 months.

If you ask for them to lift it right now, they may just require tax documentation and additional review. Not really a big deal, but not sure if it's worth all the hassle to be able to charge a little more on your PRG.

Just maintain your accounts for now and hopefully they'll remove the hard limit soon.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 19 of 22
theBeardedNerd
Regular Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

chances are they will not lift the hard limit for at least 3 months.

If you ask for them to lift it right now, they may just require tax documentation and additional review. Not really a big deal, but not sure if it's worth all the hassle to be able to charge a little more on your PRG.

Just maintain your accounts for now and hopefully they'll remove the hard limit soon.

I never made multiple payments. Having the hard limit isn't really a big deal, so I might not call at all.

Thanks for the advice

Currently in My Wallet:

Auto Loan:

Personal Line of Credit:

Future Credit Cards:

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.