Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Love NFCU!!!

tag
okiesean
New Contributor

Re: I Love NFCU!!!

Mebb82 can you give us a short version of what your EQ credit file has in it? How many accounts, how old, other credit limits etc? Also can you give us a general range of your income. That will help others figure out what they might get if applying. Thanks and congratulations. You should still get a good credit line on your Navcheck and maybe a lower starter limit on the MC but it all will depend on your credit file. With a 25000 credit line maybe your other creditors will raise your credit lines to close to that or if you apply for a new card maybe the new creditor will try to match that credit limit. Its always a good thing to get a high credit line to set the bar for your other creditors.

Message 11 of 29
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@okiesean wrote:

Mebb82 can you give us a short version of what your EQ credit file has in it? How many accounts, how old, other credit limits etc? Also can you give us a general range of your income. That will help others figure out what they might get if applying. Thanks and congratulations. You should still get a good credit line on your Navcheck and maybe a lower starter limit on the MC but it all will depend on your credit file. With a 25000 credit line maybe your other creditors will raise your credit lines to close to that or if you apply for a new card maybe the new creditor will try to match that credit limit. Its always a good thing to get a high credit line to set the bar for your other creditors.

Rare that anyone would match a credit union credit limit.

Message 12 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

File has a paid tax lien from 2005, 5 paid chargeoffs that were paid in 2007 and 2008..  Last 3 1/2 years of perfect payments on other accounts.  Until last year I only had ' baby' cards, $300 and $450 plus a Military Star for about $6K.  Now have a Juniper for $1500 and a C1 for $2000 that were opened about a year ago.  My income is about $140,000.  I'm in the military so that amount also includes my housing allowance.  AAoA is 6.5 years.  EQ is 689 and TU is 675, both FICO.  EX-  who knows?  Hope this helps.

Message 13 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got a 7-10 day message on the CC.  I've never seen that before.  Anyone know what it means?  Still nothing on the LOC.

Message 14 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Got a 7-10 day message on the CC.  I've never seen that before.  Anyone know what it means?  Still nothing on the LOC.

Did you call them?  That's how I found out about my LOC.  The status online said "Review in Process", and still does; but when I called they said I was approved and they sent out a promisary note for me to sign and return.

Message 15 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the Visa approval.

I would suggest calling in.  They are very nice and easy to deal with.

I received an initial CL of $25,000 last year as well.  I was also approved $15,000 on Nav.  Had similar income to you, high 700's, no derogs whatsoever and other CC's in the $10k CL area.

I also attempted for the MC after approvals and was denied:  "Not enough experience with current accounts"   Three months later they approved MC at $5k when I asked for them to open a card to replace 3 other CCC's.

I went for the CashReward Visa.  I spend enough that the 1.5% adds up (1.5 after $10k, 1% up to $10k).

Message 16 of 29
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

File has a paid tax lien from 2005, 5 paid chargeoffs that were paid in 2007 and 2008..  Last 3 1/2 years of perfect payments on other accounts.  Until last year I only had ' baby' cards, $300 and $450 plus a Military Star for about $6K.  Now have a Juniper for $1500 and a C1 for $2000 that were opened about a year ago.  My income is about $140,000.  I'm in the military so that amount also includes my housing allowance.  AAoA is 6.5 years.  EQ is 689 and TU is 675, both FICO.  EX-  who knows?  Hope this helps.

First off....congrats BIG TIME on that Visa limit!!  Very impressive!!!   Smiley Very Happy

I'll be apping with them later this summer.  I want my inq's to drop, & want to go for my mortgage refi first.

But looking at what you have posted, my EQ is nearly exact at 686, I have other cards with limits from $2600 to $10k, but my AAoA is about 3.5 years & my history is about 12.5 yrs.  Last late pmt 5.6 yrs ago.

Something tells me I might get a nice offer from them.

One last question......Have you been a NFCU member for long? 

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 17 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, not long at all.  I joined last Wednesday!  You should give them a try.  Good luck.

Message 18 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a note.  They pulled TU as well as EQ.

Message 19 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Just a note.  They pulled TU as well as EQ.

I've heard of them pulling TU before.  They only pulled EQ for me though.

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.