Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Love NFCU!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I Love NFCU!!!

Got a call back about the MC.  They said $25K is my CC limit and offered to split it between the Visa and a MC.  I told them to just keep the Visa as it is.  They also called to verify identity on the LOC before they made a decision, so still waiting Smiley Indifferent

Message 21 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally!  Approved for $15,000 LOC.  Also, second chance auto refi.  Old interest rate, 18.7, New interest rate, 5.9.  I really do love NFCU!!!

Message 22 of 29
lkcrew426
Regular Contributor

I love NFCU too! I got approved today and they are not my highest CL!!! Got to love CUs!

@BungalowMo wrote:

First off....congrats BIG TIME on that Visa limit!!  Very impressive!!!   Smiley Very Happy

I'll be apping with them later this summer.  I want my inq's to drop, & want to go for my mortgage refi first.

But looking at what you have posted, my EQ is nearly exact at 686, I have other cards with limits from $2600 to $10k, but my AAoA is about 3.5 years & my history is about 12.5 yrs.  Last late pmt 5.6 yrs ago.

Something tells me I might get a nice offer from them.

One last question......Have you been a NFCU member for long? 

Just as more encouragement, my EQ is 699 and I was approved for $5k with other cards from $400 - $2000. AAoA is only about 2 yrs (or less) and history less than 3 yrs. I bet they do offer you nice thing$.

Message 23 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been a member for a grand total of about three weeks.  The only deposit I have with them is the $5 initial deposit into my share account.  Good luck on your refi.  Definitelye give app to NFCU.  They are awesome!  Let me know how it goes

Message 24 of 29
HindSight_20_20
Frequent Contributor

Hey mebb82

Just applied for the Visa Cash Rewards and got the 3-5 day notice msg...

I've had their secured card now for a year and my scores are (myfico eq 588, tu 544,) so I'll let you know when I hear something. (oh yeah CH7 Charged off 2004) five collections (6years old), no inquires within the last year.

Fingers crossed!!!!!

Goal Score: EX 700|TU 700|EQ700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

HiltonHonors AMEX 2K | Amazon Store CC $800 | Bed Bath & Beyond 2K | Lowes CC 11K | Cap 1 Secured $500 | Cap 1 Plat $300 | Cap 1 Savor 1K |Citi Secured $200 | Target $500 | Kohl's $1K | Truist Cashback 4.5K | Penfed Power Cash Back 3.5K |Apple Pay CC 3K | Venmo Sig Visa 7.5K | SECU 13.5K | Bragg Mutual FCU 10K | Best Buy Citi Visa $2.5K | DiscoverIT CB 11.5K
Message 25 of 29
HindSight_20_20
Frequent Contributor

HindSight_20_20 wrote:

Hey mebb82

Just applied for the Visa Cash Rewards and got the 3-5 day notice msg...

I've had their secured card now for a year and my scores are (myfico eq 588, tu 544,) so I'll let you know when I hear something. (oh yeah CH7 Charged off 2004) five collections (6years old), no inquires within the last year.

Fingers crossed!!!!!

* APPROVED*!

Yes!!!

Just got the message today! AND my secured card comes up for review in June! NFCU is by far the best CU I've joined... Bye bye BOA! 

USAA just sent my 'secured package' in the mail so that's another great bank to establish with - after that one I'm done for awhile until the last of my baddies drops off (2012). 

I'm so ready to crack this 500' ceiling I can hardly stand it!

HiltonHonors AMEX 2K | Amazon Store CC $800 | Bed Bath & Beyond 2K | Lowes CC 11K | Cap 1 Secured $500 | Cap 1 Plat $300 | Cap 1 Savor 1K |Citi Secured $200 | Target $500 | Kohl's $1K | Truist Cashback 4.5K | Penfed Power Cash Back 3.5K |Apple Pay CC 3K | Venmo Sig Visa 7.5K | SECU 13.5K | Bragg Mutual FCU 10K | Best Buy Citi Visa $2.5K | DiscoverIT CB 11.5K
Message 26 of 29
Mommyto2boys
Contributor

I tried to complete a membership app on their website (my father was in the army - VFW). It is asking me for his member access #. Does he have to join before I can join?

Message 27 of 29
HindSight_20_20
Frequent Contributor

@Mommyto2boys wrote:

I tried to complete a membership app on their website (my father was in the army - VFW). It is asking me for his member access #. Does he have to join before I can join?

Hey MT2Boys,

Yes your 'eligible' family member must already have a pre-existing account and once he/she does you'll have to use 'that' access number in order to apply unless you go inside a branch and take them with you.

Hope that helps.

Message 28 of 29
Mommyto2boys
Contributor

Thanks hindsight. Darn, that won't work for me. I don't want to bother  him with opening an account at this bank. I think it will require him to fund an account and he won't want to do that. Another dead end. Thanks again!

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.