cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I MESSED UP! BIG TIME - I H8 D APP ITCH!!

tag
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: I MESSED UP! BIG TIME - I H8 D APP ITCH!!

All GECRB cards are acored with a proprietary scoring system for approval. They PULL TU but then weigh everything different than FICO does, and have a different scoring range, which I believe starts at 0.

With wal-mart you get a free montly score, which is FICO. It is TU08, however, this is NOT the scoring model they use for applications.
Message 11 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:
All GECRB cards are acored with a proprietary scoring system for approval. They PULL TU but then weigh everything different than FICO does, and have a different scoring range, which I believe starts at 0.

With wal-mart you get a free montly score, which is FICO. It is TU08, however, this is NOT the scoring model they use for applications.

I can't think of on ALL my GE Accounts but I do know Walmart, Amazon, Chevron, TJ MaXX, Lowes... When I get a denial for CLI I get the same score as what I am getting with Walmart, the difference is it only seems to update every 2-3 months for the auto account reviews in the system, so I might get 2+ month old scores and letter states when the date is of the score... but one thing now is being able to get transferred into underwriting and they can instantly pull a SP TU and review manually for CLI.

Now Household Bank I have gotten some WEIRD scores like 006.

Message 12 of 13
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

I can't think of on ALL my GE Accounts but I do know Walmart, Amazon, Chevron, TJ MaXX, Lowes... When I get a denial for CLI I get the same score as what I am getting with Walmart, the difference is it only seems to update every 2-3 months for the auto account reviews in the system, so I might get 2+ month old scores and letter states when the date is of the score... but one thing now is being able to get transferred into underwriting and they can instantly pull a SP TU and review manually for CLI.

Now Household Bank I have gotten some WEIRD scores like 006.

I think GE uses a regular FICO for CLIs, but for the actual approval they almost always use this really odd scoring system. There must be 2,000 threads about it on here xD People get denied with a score of 200 when their fico is in the 500s and then go "MYFICO IS WRONG, RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE" Smiley Tongue

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.