Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I NEED to Garden until April!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I NEED to Garden until April!

I NEED NEED NEED to Garden until April... I'm bored already!

My BK will fall off in April and half a dozen to dozen accounts "Included in BK" will also fall off.

several of my new accounts will be 6 months old also.

How do you all do it that stay in the garden?

Message 1 of 62
61 REPLIES 61
Aaroncl27
Established Member

Re: I NEED to Garden until April!

I don't know how they do it! I was going to stay in the garden and then due to some phone difficulties I moved to verizon. Not thinking that it wuold be another HP. I have just an absurd amount of hard pulls in the past year. Heck even the past 6 months. I need to garden for probably a year at least to start letting the HP's fall off. However, I need a new apartment in june, so they'll probably pull it too!

On the bright side I have kind of settled into which cards a relly like using and I don't really feel the urge or temptation to get anymore. At least for now.

SCORES AS OF 7/20/15 TU: 761 EQ: 768 EX: 770

10000              6000              5000               5000               4400              3750              2000               1700
Message 2 of 62
bostonte
Frequent Contributor

Did you ever post a follow up on what happened with the Santander credit card app?

Message 3 of 62
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Creditaddict wrote:

I NEED NEED NEED to Garden until April... I'm bored already!

My BK will fall off in April and half a dozen to dozen accounts "Included in BK" will also fall off.

several of my new accounts will be 6 months old also.

How do you all do it that stay in the garden?

You know (cause you offer this advice) by waiting a few months till your CR's are updated, approvals would be better for you.  You've added a few TLs recently and if you wait until May-June, you'll have some history on them.  By June, you'll be able to write your own ticket. 

Don't water  down your chances now by continuing to apply for cards so close to your bk falling off.   In a few months your choices will be much better. 

Message 4 of 62
BootStraps
Established Contributor

When I get that pressing urge to app, I go through all of the preapproval sites for the cards that I want.

Since I'm not getting the preapporovals on those, I decide to wait a bit longer.

When the urge comes back, repeat...

Hope it helps.

Starting Score: All Under 590 (8/2011)
Current Score: Ex: 676 Eq: 681 Tu: 683
Goal Score: Ex: 725 Eq: 725 Tu: 725

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Back in the Garden 4/22/16 Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 62
john398
Senior Contributor

@BootStraps wrote:

When I get that pressing urge to app, I go through all of the preapproval sites for the cards that I want.

Since I'm not getting the preapporovals on those, I decide to wait a bit longer.

Hope it helps.

+1 thats what I did til I saw that I was pre approved for Slate than I apped

Message 6 of 62
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@BootStraps wrote:

Hope it helps.

Yeah this is true!

As far as Santander... NO... still waiting!!

Message 7 of 62
Exonumist
Established Contributor

I have no idea how I have made it since April. Now I'm to the point that I'm litereally counting down the hours until one of my cards reports so I can go on my spree. I still have to wait for the CBs to reflect the balance change after that... Smiley Frustrated I guess for me I just had to think about how much higher the chances of approval would be If I could just wait. When it got really bad I would stop getting on this forum. lol.

Message 8 of 62
Exonumist
Established Contributor

@Aaroncl27 wrote:

I don't know how they do it! I was going to stay in the garden and then due to some phone difficulties I moved to verizon. Not thinking that it wuold be another HP. I have just an absurd amount of hard pulls in the past year. Heck even the past 6 months. I need to garden for probably a year at least to start letting the HP's fall off. However, I need a new apartment in june, so they'll probably pull it too!

On the bright side I have kind of settled into which cards a relly like using and I don't really feel the urge or temptation to get anymore. At least for now.

A quote from the GC guidelines, "*The Garden Club community recognizes that certain inquiries are necessary for factors beyond those listed above. Therefore, Hard Pulls/Inquiries for the following bona fide reasons are exempt but not limited to: Employment Applications, Apartment Rentals, Utilities and other such services. These are not considered to be applications for credit per se.". I'd ask someone else to be sure, but I don't think changing cell phone providers should drop you back to a seedling.

Message 9 of 62
titanofold
Established Contributor

That's right. The HP from Verizon does not destroy your garden!

Scores2013-09-21Current
Equifax630 (LP)755 (CK)/749 (Quizzle)
Experian640 (FCR)FICO 707 (Amex)
TransUnion588 (CK)FICO 754 (Barclaycard)
Message 10 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.