Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I NEED to Garden until April!

tag
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I NEED to Garden until April!

@titanofold wrote:

That's right. The HP from Verizon does not destroy your garden!

Confirmed... by the GC President. Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 11 of 62
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

How did I manage to stay in the garden when there were stil cards on my wish list? By realizing that I was NOT going to get those cards until my reports reflected certain criteria. In my case, I needed to wait for a couple of CA/COs to age off. Until then, apping for what I wanted was pointless. So, I put all of my energy into focusing on the things that I liked about the cards that I already had and enjoying their benefits. As soon as the time was ripe and my reports were good to go, I pounced on the cards I wanted and did indeed get them... that was oh so satisfying! But when attempting to achieve a goal, realizing what it is that you simply must do, and then sticking with it, is vital.

Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 12 of 62
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

How did I manage to stay in the garden when there were stil cards on my wish list? By realizing that I was NOT going to get those cards until my reports reflected certain criteria. In my case, I needed to wait for a couple of CA/COs to age off. Until then, apping for what I wanted was pointless. So, I put all of my energy into focusing on the things that I liked about the cards that I already had and enjoying their benefits. As soon as the time was ripe and my reports were good to go, I pounced on the cards I wanted and did indeed get them... that was oh so satisfying! But when attempting to achieve a goal, realizing what it is that you simply must do, and then sticking with it, is vital.

Nice, thanks!

Message 13 of 62
MissCredit9
Frequent Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

I NEED NEED NEED to Garden until April... I'm bored already!

My BK will fall off in April and half a dozen to dozen accounts "Included in BK" will also fall off.

several of my new accounts will be 6 months old also.

How do you all do it that stay in the garden?

I plan to fight my cravings by becoming point accumulation obsessed rather than credit card accumulation obsessed. I will be spending the next 6 months figuring out my perfect spend routine to maximize my ability to travel (in style) at little or no cost to myself.

AMEX PRG NPSL, FIDELITY REWARDS 50K, CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE 27K, AMEX DELTA SKYMIES GOLD 25K, CITI DIAMOND PREFERRED 22K, CHASE FREEDOM 20K, CITI DOUBLE CASH 15.5K, BARCLAYCARD REWARDS MASTERCARD 15K, CHASE MARRIOTT PREMIER 5K, CAPITAL ONE SONY CARD 5.75K, CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER 3.5K, AMAZON STORECARD 6K, VICTORIAS SECRET 2650, EXPRESS NEXT 1850,Gardening2/17/17.
Message 14 of 62
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@MissCredit9 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

My BK will fall off in April and half a dozen to dozen accounts "Included in BK" will also fall off.

I plan to fight my cravings by becoming point accumulation obsessed rather than credit card accumulation obsessed. I will be spending the next 6 months figuring out my perfect spend routine to maximize my ability to travel (in style) at little or no cost to myself.

That's an excellent plan, and a good example of what I meant by focusing on the benefits of your current cards. Best wishes to you!

Message 15 of 62
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@MissCredit9 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

that's just it... other then a somewhat need to move debt to myself by the june'ish timeframe from my partner if we are really going to go house hunting. I need no credit... we use Fidelity Amex now for the 2% and Quicksilver as backup when amex is not taken and then I rotate between Discover and Freedom depending on the category.

I now use 76 card for gas because I'm building that relationship and I have a Spark for all my business stuff.... I don't need anything but I love collecting cards... I'm like Ron1 Smiley Tongue

Message 16 of 62
MissCredit9
Frequent Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

@MissCredit9 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

That's an excellent plan, and a good example of what I meant by focusing on the benefits of your current cards. Best wishes to you!

Thank you, I'm happy to be at the realization that I can still be "credit obsessed" without burning inquiries Smiley Happy

AMEX PRG NPSL, FIDELITY REWARDS 50K, CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE 27K, AMEX DELTA SKYMIES GOLD 25K, CITI DIAMOND PREFERRED 22K, CHASE FREEDOM 20K, CITI DOUBLE CASH 15.5K, BARCLAYCARD REWARDS MASTERCARD 15K, CHASE MARRIOTT PREMIER 5K, CAPITAL ONE SONY CARD 5.75K, CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER 3.5K, AMAZON STORECARD 6K, VICTORIAS SECRET 2650, EXPRESS NEXT 1850,Gardening2/17/17.
Message 17 of 62
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

I guess I am fortunate that I don't have the app fever.  My last  app was in Dec. 2011 when I received my Amex.  I am more interested in seeing how high I can get my score. My EX is perfectly clean.  I have a PR on my TU and EQ that is due to come off in July 2014, so I am waiting to see what my scores will be then.  I am also fortunate that all 3 of my CL's are 15K each so I have lots to play with. 

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 18 of 62
MissCredit9
Frequent Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@MissCredit9 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

that's just it... other then a somewhat need to move debt to myself by the june'ish timeframe from my partner if we are really going to go house hunting. I need no credit... we use Fidelity Amex now for the 2% and Quicksilver as backup when amex is not taken and then I rotate between Discover and Freedom depending on the category.

I now use 76 card for gas because I'm building that relationship and I have a Spark for all my business stuff.... I don't need anything but I love collecting cards... I'm like Ron1 Smiley Tongue

How many cards do you have?

Message 19 of 62
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Watch out entering the garden.....................

Its a trap.jpg

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 20 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.