tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: I NEED to Garden until April!

@MissCredit9 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@MissCredit9 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

I NEED NEED NEED to Garden until April... I'm bored already!

My BK will fall off in April and half a dozen to dozen accounts "Included in BK" will also fall off.

several of my new accounts will be 6 months old also.

How do you all do it that stay in the garden?

I plan to fight my cravings by becoming point accumulation obsessed rather than credit card accumulation obsessed. I will be spending the next 6 months figuring out my perfect spend routine to maximize my ability to travel (in style) at little or no cost to myself.

that's just it... other then a somewhat need to move debt to myself by the june'ish timeframe from my partner if we are really going to go house hunting. I need no credit... we use Fidelity Amex now for the 2% and Quicksilver as backup when amex is not taken and then I rotate between Discover and Freedom depending on the category.

I now use 76 card for gas because I'm building that relationship and I have a Spark for all my business stuff.... I don't need anything but I love collecting cards... I'm like Ron1 Smiley Tongue

How many cards do you have?

me, myself, and I... without AU accounts on my parter.... hmmm quick finger count I think 19.

If I add in AU accounts that number triples I would estimate.

Message 21 of 62
MissCredit9
Frequent Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@MissCredit9 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@MissCredit9 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

My BK will fall off in April and half a dozen to dozen accounts "Included in BK" will also fall off.

I plan to fight my cravings by becoming point accumulation obsessed rather than credit card accumulation obsessed. I will be spending the next 6 months figuring out my perfect spend routine to maximize my ability to travel (in style) at little or no cost to myself.

that's just it... other then a somewhat need to move debt to myself by the june'ish timeframe from my partner if we are really going to go house hunting. I need no credit... we use Fidelity Amex now for the 2% and Quicksilver as backup when amex is not taken and then I rotate between Discover and Freedom depending on the category.

I now use 76 card for gas because I'm building that relationship and I have a Spark for all my business stuff.... I don't need anything but I love collecting cards... I'm like Ron1 Smiley Tongue

me, myself, and I... without AU accounts on my parter.... hmmm quick finger count I think 19.

Do you have a mint.com account? Maybe you could work on organization and maybe moving around some due dates or asking for APR reductions for a little fun.

AMEX PRG NPSL, FIDELITY REWARDS 50K, CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE 27K, AMEX DELTA SKYMIES GOLD 25K, CITI DIAMOND PREFERRED 22K, CHASE FREEDOM 20K, CITI DOUBLE CASH 15.5K, BARCLAYCARD REWARDS MASTERCARD 15K, CHASE MARRIOTT PREMIER 5K, CAPITAL ONE SONY CARD 5.75K, CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER 3.5K, AMAZON STORECARD 6K, VICTORIAS SECRET 2650, EXPRESS NEXT 1850,Gardening2/17/17.
Message 22 of 62
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@MissCredit9 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@MissCredit9 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@MissCredit9 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Do you have a mint.com account? Maybe you could work on organization and maybe moving around some due dates or asking for APR reductions for a little fun.

Just switched to PersonalCapital = WAY BETTER and syncs to more and more reliable and as you add investment stuff is better at that too...

Just did my sigi... how does it look?!

Message 23 of 62
maximiliano
New Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@MissCredit9 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@MissCredit9 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@MissCredit9 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Just switched to PersonalCapital = WAY BETTER and syncs to more and more reliable and as you add investment stuff is better at that too...

your sigi looks great, but what's up with 3 Target cards? How did that happen?? lol

$7,000.............$6,700...............$1,250...............$1,500...............$1,500.............$820................$750(AU).........$500..............
Starting Score: 577 (08/2012) Current Score: EQ: 675 (2013) | EX: 686 (04/14) | TU: 700 (Barclay FICO)
Last app: 04/28/14. In the garden until 12/2014 (updated 07/14)
Message 24 of 62
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@maximiliano wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@MissCredit9 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@MissCredit9 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@MissCredit9 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

your sigi looks great, but what's up with 3 Target cards? How did that happen?? lol

was 4 until I stopped paying them last year... for some reason they charged off the big one of $1500 (which I since paid) but the other 3 they just kept them, they are also paid and still open but I've been trying to GW them as they are killing me... I think they are hurting me more than the charged off, now paid... seriously... 120+ days late... they are murder... I can't kick myself hard enough... someone do it for me!

and I don't know, it's been a joke for a long time... got my first in 1999 when I turned 18 and kept it through my bk and it's just always been there.... in 2008 they wouldn't give me CLI on the $300 1999 account so I applied in store and was approved for another $300.... couple months later was shopping again and spending $200 and something and I wanted the 10% off so I applied and was approved again! fast forward a few months later in 2009 I was shopping and was asked if I wanted to apply and I said I have 3 but I'll apply for another and it was approved for $200!

one of the account from 2008 for some reason caught the system of auto CLI and went to $1k and then went to $1500 with all the other lucky folks that posted about it back in the day but the rest including the one opened in 1999 have always been the same CL and never moved!

Target says you can't have more than 1 but they have not taken the ones away or really answered how the system let me get more than 1 and they will gladly combine but they are like GE combining a gap, banana, and old navy card... they will move your balance to whichever card you want to keep open but they will not combine the CL's (umm No, that's stupid.) so i have kept them!

Message 25 of 62
sailor_mercury
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

You know (cause you offer this advice) by waiting a few months till your CR's are updated, approvals would be better for you.  You've added a few TLs recently and if you wait until May-June, you'll have some history on them.  By June, you'll be able to write your own ticket. 

Don't water  down your chances now by continuing to apply for cards so close to your bk falling off.   In a few months your choices will be much better. 

LOL!  That needs to be tatooed on me some where I can see it to remind me of why I'm gardening Smiley Happy

NFCU nCashRewards VISA - $20,000 | NFCU nRewards $10,000
AMEX Costco TrueEarnings $5,000 | AMEX Delta Gold $1,500
Chase SWA VISA $5,000 | Chase Slate $3,500 | Chase Amazon Rewards VISA $3,000
HSN Mastecard $3,500
Message 26 of 62
MissCredit9
Frequent Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@MissCredit9 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@MissCredit9 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@MissCredit9 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

The sig is great! Very full, a good visual reminder that you have quite enough credit already Smiley Wink

AMEX PRG NPSL, FIDELITY REWARDS 50K, CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE 27K, AMEX DELTA SKYMIES GOLD 25K, CITI DIAMOND PREFERRED 22K, CHASE FREEDOM 20K, CITI DOUBLE CASH 15.5K, BARCLAYCARD REWARDS MASTERCARD 15K, CHASE MARRIOTT PREMIER 5K, CAPITAL ONE SONY CARD 5.75K, CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER 3.5K, AMAZON STORECARD 6K, VICTORIAS SECRET 2650, EXPRESS NEXT 1850,Gardening2/17/17.
Message 27 of 62
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@MissCredit9 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@MissCredit9 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@MissCredit9 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@MissCredit9 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

The sig is great! Very full, a good visual reminder that you have quite enough credit already Smiley Wink

I dunno MissCredit9... it may never be enough for CreditAddict!  LOL Smiley Very Happy   I'm trying to picture how CredditAddict and gardening would be synonymous Smiley Tongue

Message 28 of 62
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Hey credit addict....

I'm gardening until April as well, then it will be 6mobths and I will ask for a cli in cc and the refi again with NFCU!! It's hard!!!! But I also know that I've been defeated. I have 9 more years until my bk falls, and I also will potentially lose a guy I'm dating once I tell him about my bK tooSmiley Sad I found he's totally against that and want his future partner to have excellent credit like him. So, not only can I not get a measly car refi for $9800, and credit, but I can't keep a boyfriend and won't ever get one for the next 9 yearsSmiley Sad
Message 29 of 62
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
Hey credit addict....

I'm gardening until April as well, then it will be 6mobths and I will ask for a cli in cc and the refi again with NFCU!! It's hard!!!! But I also know that I've been defeated. I have 9 more years until my bk falls, and I also will potentially lose a guy I'm dating once I tell him about my bK tooSmiley Sad I found he's totally against that and want his future partner to have excellent credit like him. So, not only can I not get a measly car refi for $9800, and credit, but I can't keep a boyfriend and won't ever get one for the next 9 yearsSmiley Sad

Pick your head up, pizza Smiley Happy and don't worry about the guy; if he really cares about the BK that much instead of who you are, he's not worth it anyways. You hit a hard time and are willing to pick yourself up, that should be all that matters!

And trust me, most guys out there (definitely excluding the forum!) are kind of "duh" about credit. From my two ex's and current boyfriend, they knew about credit cards and student loans and maybe a car loan, but that was about it. Didn't know that credit cards are helpful about building credit. Didn't know that they can avoid interest by PIF. Didn't know about rewards, etc. I had a positive impact by instilling it in the ex's and looks like it's carrying on well for them. My current boyfriend is handling it well, and understands the importance about PIF, but simply didn't have the means at the time (he's a college student, of course). With his refund from the school, though, he's planning on PIF. I'll get him into the credit game one day Smiley Wink All he has is student loans and a Cap One Journey, I believe...stil early in the relationship, so not something we necessarily talk about.

There's much more out there Smiley Wink don't you worry! Just worry about yourself and doing what you gotta do!

Message 30 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.