@baller4life wrote:
Sept 7th

Thanks Baller.

Will check back again then.

Message 442 of 532
bz386
Frequent Contributor

Re: I NOW Know What Citi Card I Want

Another data point.: applied and was instantly approved. No previous relationship with Citi. CL $8200 and 22% APR.

I am confused. Why does anyone care about the APR on this or any other cash back card? Are people really foolish enough to carry a balance on them? You do realize that the APR completely wipes out any cash back? You shouldn't charge stuff to a credit card if you can't afford it.
Message 443 of 532
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bz386 wrote:
Another data point.: applied and was instantly approved. No previous relationship with Citi. CL $8200 and 22% APR.

I am confused. Why does anyone care about the APR on this or any other cash back card? Are people really foolish enough to carry a balance on them? You do realize that the APR completely wipes out any cash back? You shouldn't charge stuff to a credit card if you can't afford it.

Yes, people are that foolish. Millions of people around the world are that foolish. What individuals should do and what they actually do sometimes differ.

Message 444 of 532
negg
Frequent Contributor

Citi is rewriting there T&C hence no PC till then.   

This coin thing is going to die real quick. IPhone 6 will have NFC which means it can hold all your cc info and you just scan your phone for the charge. Think Starbucks 

CSR.........11,900.......Delta Amex $11,200.........Marriott Rewards Premier $8000.......Discover IT $9700......Citi Preferred $8600.......Chase Freedom $10,800.....Barclay(apple) $11,600......BofA $1500.......Capital One $7400......FNO $9800......Barclay(Hawaiian airlines)$11,000......Citi Costco $15,000. June 1st 2013 0 credit cards and 575 fico. Today 117K in credit and 812 fico and ZERO INQUIRIES......ZERO. 2018 goal. 825 fico.
Message 445 of 532
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@bz386 wrote:

you never know what will happen in life so lower apr would be better, especially if you worked really hard to have clean credit and high fico score. They shouldn't just throw 22.99 apr and everybody should take it with no complaints imo. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 446 of 532
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@negg wrote:

Citi is rewriting there T&C hence no PC till then.   

This coin thing is going to die real quick. IPhone 6 will have NFC which means it can hold all your cc info and you just scan your phone for the charge. Think Starbucks 

Very similar to what android has been doing for years.....

and it commences 

popcorn.gif

Message 447 of 532
gh17
Frequent Contributor

@chalupaman wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

So this customer service rep said that PCs aren't possible with my kind of card and that I'd have to app for this card if I really wanted it. No way to consolidate limits. Wow Citi.

That sucks. I thought all cardholders could pc. I would try a different rep just to double check.

I've actually gotten different responses. A few reps said after September I could look into a PC cause it will be after my account with them turns a year old. This rep I just talked to kept saying that because it's a student card, PCs aren't possible but yet again she had no idea they discontinued the card until I told her.

You're trying to PC the Forward?  This card looks nice but not enough for me to sacrifice my favorite card Smiley Happy

BofA Cash Rewards 25,000 (2009) | Citi Double Cash 25,000 (2011) | Cap1 Quicksilver 10,000 (2013) | Discover It 31,000 (2014) | Chase Freedom 9000 (2014) | Barclaycard Rewards 25,000 (2014)

FICO: 840 Discover/Barclays/BofA TU, 869 Citi Equifax
Message 448 of 532
bz386
Frequent Contributor

If people have worked hard to rebuild their credit, you would think they would have at least learned what destroyed it in the first place. If you really think you might need to carry a balance again some time in the future, get a credit card with a low APR, high credit limit and no rewards from a local credit union. Or better yet - start building an emergency fund.

Anyway, I guess I am drifting off topic...
Message 449 of 532
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@bz386 wrote:
If people have worked hard to rebuild their credit, you would think they would have at least learned what destroyed it in the first place. If you really think you might need to carry a balance again some time in the future, get a credit card with a low APR, high credit limit and no rewards from a local credit union. Or better yet - start building an emergency fund.

Anyway, I guess I am drifting off topic...

I think the other point is that the offered APR in some sense indicates the "quality" of the relationship, how Citi views you, as creditworthy or otherwise.   So a high APR may also have implications for how CLI requests will be received etc.

Message 450 of 532
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.