Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I NOW Know What Citi Card I Want

tag
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: I NOW Know What Citi Card I Want

@Anonymous wrote:

money is money. it all adds up. Some of us would do anything to make ends meet whether it's only 1% or 2%. It's not always about us having credit card additions but making the most of your money  Smiley Very Happy

Right, in the end, it's *all* about rate of return, in my view.

For example, assuming one is eligible for both the 40K CSP, 70K Ink Plus, and Citi 2%.  What rational reason could possibly exist to apply for the Citi 2% over the Chase cards?  Spending $8,000 on the Chase cards would yield $1,100 (travel redemptions results in a higher roe, but let's just use cash for this scenario) in cash redemptions. Conversely, the same $8,000 spend on the Citi card would yeild $160.

Ah, isn't it self-evident, assuming rewards maximation is the goal, to app for the Chase cards first, even before considering a general spend rewards card such as this one?

Message 491 of 532
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Open123 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

money is money. it all adds up. Some of us would do anything to make ends meet whether it's only 1% or 2%. It's not always about us having credit card additions but making the most of your money  Smiley Very Happy

Right, in the end, it's *all* about rate of return, in my view.

For example, assuming one is eligible for both the 40K CSP, 70K Ink Plus, and Citi 2%.  What rational reason could possibly exist to apply for the Citi 2% over the Chase cards?  Spending $8,000 on the Chase cards would yield $1,100 (travel redemptions results in a higher roe, but let's just use cash for this scenario) in cash redemptions. Conversely, the same $8,000 spend on the Citi card would yeild $160.

Ah, isn't it self-evident, assuming rewards maximation is the goal, to app for the Chase cards first, even before considering a general spend rewards card such as this one?

depending on your credit not everyone can get have a Chase.  I'd love to have JP Morgan Palladium Card. It's made out of REAL GOLDSmiley Very Happy i think Freedom would be ideal and easiest card you could get from Chase. Ink may be the hardest following Sapphire. My problem is i had Washington Mutual 10 years ago which Chase took over and blacklisted me Smiley LOL so i have to look for other cards Smiley Tongue

Message 492 of 532
yfan
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
depending on your credit not everyone can get have a Chase.  I'd love to have JP Morgan Palladium Card. It's made out of REAL GOLDSmiley Very Happy i think Freedom would be ideal and easiest card you could get from Chase. Ink may be the hardest following Sapphire. My problem is i had Washington Mutual 10 years ago which Chase took over and blacklisted me Smiley LOL so i have to look for other cards Smiley Tongue

But you have the Amazon Visa. That's issued by Chase.

Message 493 of 532
Anonymous
Not applicable

@yfan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

no i have the regular store card. dont think i can product change to visa though. i added it to my sig cuz looks better than the amazon.com card design

Message 494 of 532
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@yfan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

no i have the regular store card. dont think i can product change to visa though. i added it to my sig cuz looks better than the amazon.com card design

Well that is misleading lol

They're issued by different banks, so no, you cannot PC to the amazon visa. 

Message 495 of 532
Anonymous
Not applicable

i wonder who gives you more .. bank america or citi. i see your 1,200 limit citi double cash. i dont think 1,000 worth a hard inquiry - 5 points though for me. i know american express very generous. they gave me 2,000 then 90 days later i requested 6,000 and was approved instantly with no hard inquiry. then i made a paypal purchase using my gold card and they freezed both my blue cash and gold card requirung me send my tax returns for their financial review. so before they closed my accounts i closed it myself. now i wonder a year later if they'll do the same if i go apply for their new everday card and maybe the gold again but if they do FR again thats 2 wasted hard inquires that took me all this year to get rid of and will take me all next year again

Message 496 of 532
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

i wonder who gives you more .. bank america or citi. i see your 1,200 limit citi double cash. i dont think 1,000 worth a hard inquiry - 5 points though for me. i know american express very generous. they gave me 2,000 then 90 days later i requested 6,000 and was approved instantly with no hard inquiry. then i made a paypak purchase using my gold card and they freezed bth my blue cash and gold card requirung me send my tax retutns for their financial review. so before they closed my accounts i closed it myself. now i winder a year later if they'll do the same if i go apply for their new everday card and maybe the gold too but if they do FR again thats 2 wasted hard inquires that took me all yrar to get rid of

If you refused to send them your documents, they will immediately request them if you are approved for another card from amex. 

Message 497 of 532
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley Mad

Message 498 of 532
Involver
Valued Contributor

Ahh the inevitable backlash.

Different people have different priorities.  You might not care for a non-Amex 2%.  Other people might.  And it probably has nothing to do with needlessly apping for useless accounts.

Message 499 of 532
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Involver wrote:

Ahh the inevitable backlash.

Different people have different priorities.  You might not care for a non-Amex 2%.  Other people might.  And it probably has nothing to do with needlessly apping for useless accounts.

yeah i know i think the most you can get with the amex everyday card is 1.2% and 1.5% everyday preferred with 50% bonus if you make 30 tranactions in a month of course. i just find american express great with ratio and limits especially with their 90 day 3 x credit limit increase. Really helps my utilization rate and when my other cards take notice they try to match amex so i maybe use their cards more.

Message 500 of 532
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.