Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Frequent Contributor

Re: I Want a NFCU cashrewards card, but scared to apply.

Lynette is correct, I want to apply for a personal loan for home improvements and to pay off installment loan I already have. I want the CC to build credit. I don't have a major bank card except for Orchard and they haven't even reported it yet to CRB.

Regular Contributor

txjohn -- which card do you suggest w/ NFCU for a very high starting CL?  I've been a member of theirs for a few years now, but don't "actively" use them (I keep a few $$$ in savings with them), and I'm thinking of applying for one of their CCs now -- my scores are good, no baddies.  Any thoughts?

Many thanks!

"It's myFICO and I can cry if I want to!"

Starting Score January 1, 2010: 640
Current Scores Updated Sept. 6, 2011: EQ: 765 / TU: 778 / EX PLUS: 773
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

"Working my way up!" Smiley Wink
Moderator Emerita

This is sort of an older thread, and it appears that txjohn has moved on. I'm hoping that others will reply.

I got the cashrewards card, and they gave me $25K without blinking.

I'm underwhelmed by their rewards overall, but I consider their high CL's and especially the current 0%, $0 fee BT their rewards. hth

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Regular Contributor

Thanks, HTSU!  I was running searches on the topic and FAILED to notice the date!  But your feedback helps -- was uncertain which card to shoot for.  I notice, too, that many apply for NavCheck LOC, etc. at the same time -- not sure if I really need all that. 

Another quandary -- I had an AmEx back in the early 90's and they've been attempting to recruit me once again.  Should I apply for AmEx first, then NFCU -- or does it really matter?  I've heard that AmEx will often base the CL on other CL's, etc.

Haven't applied for anything in a VERY long time as I was waiting for the pristine CR to reappear.  So now I'm forming a game plan!  Smiley Happy

"It's myFICO and I can cry if I want to!"

Starting Score January 1, 2010: 640
Current Scores Updated Sept. 6, 2011: EQ: 765 / TU: 778 / EX PLUS: 773
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

"Working my way up!" Smiley Wink
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.