Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Want to Kick Myself in the Balls

tag
Stralem
Established Contributor

I Want to Kick Myself in the Balls

So I was looking through the paperwork for all of my cards to arrange payments and stuff when I finally noticed something on the intro papers for my NFL Extra Points card. When I got it last year, I was given a 12 month 0% APR intro period. That was in October 2012. The intro period expires in less than 4 months.

Holy crap, what the hell is wrong with me? Instead of applying for the Apple Financing Visa, I could have instead asked for a CLI on the NFL card for the same amount that I was approved for on the Apple card! That's not even mentioning the 8 months of BT opportunities I've completely missed out on. Arrrrgh!!

Well... Perhaps I'll just BT the small balance sitting on my Cap One just for kicks. :/

So, what's the moral of the story?

Actually read the papers that come with your credit cards. Don't be a blockhead like me.

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: I Want to Kick Myself in the Balls

Yea, always read and/or know the terms of your cc's.

At least you found out now as opposed to Nov 1!
Message 2 of 17
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Stralem wrote:

So I was looking through the paperwork for all of my cards to arrange payments and stuff when I finally noticed something on the intro papers for my NFL Extra Points card. When I got it last year, I was given a 12 month 0% APR intro period. That was in October 2012. The intro period expires in less than 4 months.

Holy crap, what the hell is wrong with me? Instead of applying for the Apple Financing Visa, I could have instead asked for a CLI on the NFL card for the same amount that I was approved for on the Apple card! That's not even mentioning the 8 months of BT opportunities I've completely missed out on. Arrrrgh!!

Well... Perhaps I'll just BT the small balance sitting on my Cap One just for kicks. :/

Actually read the papers that come with your credit cards. Don't be a blockhead like me.

Before you apply know what your getting instead of just another piece of plastic that said approved  Lol Ha ha ha 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 17
Stralem
Established Contributor

Yeah. I'm usually on top of my finances, so I'm really stunned that I was unaware of this.

Ugh... Foot meet groin.

But at least I still have four months remaining on the 0% term. I'll just BT a few small balances and spare myself four months of interest payments.

Everyone Else.
Message 4 of 17
RSCo
Established Contributor

You still have time left on the promo... Therefore, only kick yourself in one ball.. Save the other for having kids or as a spare for the next missed opportunity...Smiley Wink
$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 5 of 17
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

Did you read it closely? Is it on purchases AND BT?

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 6 of 17
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

Before you apply know what your getting instead of just another piece of plastic that said approved  Lol Ha ha ha 

righttttttttt !!!!

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 7 of 17
Stralem
Established Contributor

@crunching_numbers wrote:

Did you read it closely? Is it on purchases AND BT?

Yup, both.

Everyone Else.
Message 8 of 17
knoregs
Established Contributor

@Stralem wrote:

Ugh... Foot meet groin.

~kn

EQ: 700 (FICO ScoreWatch) 11/26/14
EX: ??? (No Current)
TU: 681 (Discover FICO) 11/12/14

Last App 9/22/14... In Garden 'till Summer '15
Message 9 of 17
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Stralem wrote:

Sounds like you have learned from your mistake, WTG!! Smiley Happy

No ball kicking needed! Lol

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.