cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Went Against What Everyone Has Suggested...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I Went Against What Everyone Has Suggested...

And I applied for and got a CrapOne card. They gave me the lowest limit I have EVER received. $300. That is incredibly stingy. I'm reading posts from months ago about them not reporting your limit to the CRAs. Is this still the case? Do I have to let a large balance get reported and then make a payment - then start getting my low balance utilization reported? If this is still the case, then I'm going to just not even bother with them.
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
kclb
Regular Contributor

Re: I Went Against What Everyone Has Suggested...

@Anonymous wrote:
And I applied for and got a CrapOne card. They gave me the lowest limit I have EVER received. $300. That is incredibly stingy. I'm reading posts from months ago about them not reporting your limit to the CRAs. Is this still the case? Do I have to let a large balance get reported and then make a payment - then start getting my low balance utilization reported? If this is still the case, then I'm going to just not even bother with them.

CrapOne. I love that name. hahahahah. Anyway, I had them as my VERY FIRST cc. It was ok, but I hate them with a passion now. Smiley Happy

-
EX - 677 | EQ - 714 | TU - 724 as of December 4, 2013.
-
CC - Bank Of Hawaii - Hawaiian Airlines - $1500 / AMEX - Costco - $1200 (Nov '13) / Discover IT - $1200 / Aloha Pacific Credit Union - $3000 / AMEX - Blue - $6500 (authorized user) / Chase - CSP - $5000 (Dec '13)
-
Closed Accounts - AMEX Platinum.
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

they are reporting credit limits now. Also wait a couple months, after ontime payments call the backdoor number and request a cli.
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called them five minutes after opening the envelope and the automated system said I wasn't eligible for loc increases, so I'll do what you suggest and wait a few months. When did they start reporting limits? I'm so slow on the uptake.
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh there arent that bad! Give it time they will move up your cl and then you can start asking for cli's 6 months. The cs is great!
Message 5 of 14
SonorityGenius
Established Contributor

Ewwwww $300

I would chop that card b4 I even read $300 lmao
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Other than have the lowest CL of any card I possess, they are the only company I know who reward excellent customers with 1.99% lifetime balance transfers. BTW, Barclay's (Juniper) is send out 7.99% lifetime offers to qualifying customers.
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cynic, they started reporting limits back in September.
Message 8 of 14
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

TheCynicalOne wrote:

By your third bill you should have a $500 limit and by the 11th month a 2k one automatically.  Keep it clean and they will waive the AF if you ask next year.  Open another card (no fee preferable) a little down the line, let the CL 'step' up, and you can have the new CLs combined.

Don't be hatin' on my Cap1!  Seriously, they have come a looooong way in the past year.  They report fast and to all 3... and as you read they do report your CL.

Just don't ever screw up with them.... they are still the same in the lack of GW.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you ever travel internationally, take your CapOne, they have the lowest FOREX fees ( 1%). Chase, Citi and Juniper/Barclays are 3% (at least according to my T&C on those cards).
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.