cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Went Against What Everyone Has Suggested...

tag
rudy
Regular Contributor

Re: I Went Against What Everyone Has Suggested...

i started the same with them. i think about 500.00 cl. I opened 2 or 3  cl with them. closed all but 2. this year combined the two 81k. waited call the number and got 13,5k. Also opened biz card at 1k called the number got 3k.
during this time got intrest rate reduction, and some other stuff. intrest rate can not go any lower.
this is one of my oldest cl.
if i may assume they are one of the better ccc's to use when rebuilding or building credit
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you keep the card, call and speak with a rep about a CLI.  The sutomated will rpobably never give you one.  Use hte backdoor number as suggested here.  I call at every opp...lol. It was my loset limit card but has since been increased 4 times I thinkk I will have had it for a year in Dec.
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't be so hard on yourself. We all had to rebuild (well, those of us who had to rebuild) from somewhere. I made a bad mistake after I was already getting good credit- I got so greedy as the promos were flooding my mailbox- 3 and 4 a day, I apped for an HSBC w/o reading fine print- it had an AF!!! I never had to have an AF card! So I was stuck w/ it. Long story anyway, refused to activate it and they hounded me by phone for weeks.

So anyway, it is just part of the learning lesson. And as the others say, it is not a bad one. Just manage it like it needs to be managed.
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

And if you manage it well, looks like you can get pretty decent CLI's in a short amount of time.
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.