Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I absolutely LOVE PSECU!

tag
itsjustmeibe
Regular Contributor

I absolutely LOVE PSECU!

Personal membership - yes

$20k credit card - yes (2x - me & my BFF)

Business account - yes

Real estate equity loan - yes (2x)

Free FICO score - yes

Ease of applications, documents, customer service - PRICELESS

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: I absolutely LOVE PSECU!

super congrats!  looks like you hit the ground running :smileyhappy:

how it is that PSECU is the only org able and willing to offer a card with a real ex score benefit is confounding and, well, a bummer- lol since PSECU is difficult to qualify for with a relatively narrow field of membership, strictly enforced:smileysad:

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 2 of 13
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@score_building wrote:

super congrats!  looks like you hit the ground running :smileyhappy:

how it is that PSECU is the only org able and willing to offer a card with a real ex score benefit is confounding and, well, a bummer- lol since PSECU is difficult to qualify for with a relatively narrow field of membership, strictly enforced:smileysad:

Why do you say this?

Message 3 of 13
score_building
Senior Contributor

entry not granted by joining an org upon app. for eg., membership limited to those with a predefined employment relationship, school attendance, etc.

Message 4 of 13
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

I know what the membership field is. I was wondering about the "strict enforcement" part.
Message 5 of 13
score_building
Senior Contributor

creditwherecreditisdue wrote:
I know what the membership field is. I was wondering about the "strict enforcement" part.

again, no offer of a global entry method through joining an affiliated org., you or family had to have attended or worked somewhere specific, many cu have strictly enforced membership requirements like this.   
Message 6 of 13
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

My niece attended one of the named schools. How strictly is that going to be enforced?
Message 7 of 13
score_building
Senior Contributor

lol, perhaps it was the awkward phraseology? open = everybody can join closed or 'strictly enforced' membership requirements = not everybody can join.  good to know. i thought it was only nuclear family.

Message 8 of 13
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

It sort of is. And that would be enforced how exactly? (I am also a godparent of the aforementioned person.)
Message 9 of 13
score_building
Senior Contributor

i think they may use a clearinghouse to verify attendance of the qualifying person, not sure if they check anything else. they seem like a really great cu, that's awesome that you have a way in. i was trying to figure out if i did since a csr told me that have they thousands of orgs that can qualify you as an employee of.  i glanced at the long list but it didn't seem like thousands.  i think i'll have another look.

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:
It sort of is. And that would be enforced how exactly? (I am also a godparent of the aforementioned person.)

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.