Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I already paid Orchard AF, can I get a refund

tag
pazuzu
Frequent Contributor

I already paid Orchard AF, can I get a refund

if I cancel the card?

The first statement has cut, I just got the card in Jan. 

I jumped the gun and paid b/c I didn't want a balance to show.

Message Edited by pazuzu on 02-10-2009 02:27 PM

No apps/new accts since 2011

***FICO EXPERIAN 830***
***FICO EQUIFAX 828***
***FICO TRANSUNION 822***

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
oracles
Valued Contributor

Re: I already paid Orchard AF, can I get a refund

I think if you call they may give you a pro-rated refund.

However just to note, you have already taken the ding for the inq and for having a new account on your report.

is there a reason why you want to cancel the card now?

Message 2 of 5
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

You can get a refund of any card's annual fee if you ask to close the card and ask for a refund within 30 days.  I've done it.  They don't automatically refund it to you but they'll mail you a check if you ask for it.  They won't argue; it's the law.
Super Contributor

I think with Orchard and HSBC they try to keep you as customer by reducing the AF and by giving CLI. Call them and tell them you want cancel the account and then you might be able to talk to a customer retention team member and they might try to give you a deal so they can keep you as customer.
Message 4 of 5
Guardian
Valued Contributor

If you close an account within 30 days of the AF being assessed, then you are entitled to a full refund. In many cases, if the creditor knows that you are closing the account as a result of the AF, they will negotiate by waiving it. However, Orchard seems to be one of the ones who does not care if they lose you and will play hard ball on the AF. One of the reasons I cut them loose the second year I had them, terrible CL, ridiculously high IR and an AF they were not willing to part with, overall not worth the trouble unless you have no better choice for rebuilding credit. Hope that helps.

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.